Chapter 21

"They'll come from here," Kyle points to the northeast behind the pack house, "here," his finger moves to the northwest, "and here." Finally his finger stops at the southwest corner of our backyard.

"Do you know how many people will be at each corner?" I ask Kyle. We're in the office, Dad sitting at his desk, Mason sitting on the couch, and Kyle and I are standing in front of the map laden desk.

Dad looks at me impressed that I would know what to ask. I don't know much about Luna and Alpha business, btu it seems to mostly come natural.

Kyle answers my question hastily, "Sixty seven in the first two corners, and sixty in the last corner."

"Don't you have two hundred members, not 194?" Mason speaks up impressing Dad like I did moments before. Mason doesn't always seem like the leader type- like Alpha's need to be- but sometimes he surprises us all.

"Yes, the other six are important leaders: the Alpha, Beta, Head Warrior, and three advisors."

"Where were you supposed to be?" Dad finally speaks up. He's been mostly keeping quiet and letting Mason and I do the questioning since we let Kyle out of the prison.

"I'm the Beta." Kyle gulps and closes his eyes as though he's expecting something bad to happen at his confession.

"No wonder you know so much." Mason breaks the awkward silence, and Kyle opens his eyes in shock that nothing bad happen. Dad seems to now be more alert, but he's not going to make any rash moves unless necessary.

"What were those six gonna be doing?" I push the topic in a different direction since Kyle seems uncomfortable.

"We were going to come in after our pack killed everyone who wouldn't join. But, the warriors have rules not to hurt the Luna or Alpha. Alpha Len wants to come in and watch you die before taking your Luna away." Kyle gulps again as Dad growls, his eyes changing colours as he tries to fight off his wolf.

"When will this happen?" I once again am left to change the subject.

"Tomorrow." Kyle whimpers quietly. My eyes widen. So do Dad's and Mason's. I don't think any of us were expecting it so soon.

"Okay, Dad, I need you to call a meeting with the pack. We'll meet in a half hour in the ball room." Dad nods and begins to mindlink the pack. I can't believe he's doing what I'm telling him to instead of making up his own plan. He must really love and trust me, I note with a warm feeling.

"Mason I want you to make sure no kids are in that ball room during the meeting. They are all to go get all their toys, clothes, and food, or whatever they need, and go to the prison on the lowest floor."

Dad snaps at that, questioning my judgement, "What?"

"Dad, trust me. They'll be safer down there." Dad nods in understanding before I continue with my still formulating plan, "Make sure you have enough food to last a long time. Get Kira to help you with that. Mindlink her now." Mason nods and does what I tell him to do. What else? What else? I ask myself.

"Anyone else who can't fight should go down there, too." I tell Dad, "How many does that leave to fight?"

"About four hundred." Dad's hand drags over his face. I can tell he's nervous about this. His pack has never dealt with anything like this. To be honest, i'm scared shitless right now. I'm just trying to do my best to keep everyone safe.

"That's two hundred more than they have," Kyle comments, "you shouldn't have too much loss."

Dad grimaces, "We need to mention to spare the people who refuse to fight."