Epilogue

AN: So, this is the last chapter... Hope it's good enough! I have loved writing this book, so I hope you've loved reading it! Also, I know it's a really cheesy ending but deal with it. lol

~~~

Two Years Later

I breathe in, out, in, out. 'Control your breathe,' Lili tells me, 'It'll help.' I know.

I shake my hands out to rid myself of the last few present nerves. I then run them over my hair to make sure it's still slick in my pony tail. I don't want it getting in my face. I smooth my shirt over with my hands.

I breathe in, out, in, out. 'Control over breathing helps more than anything' I remember Scott telling me one time. I think it was during our first training session. God, that was two and half years ago.

I started training with Scott so that Andie and I could go to the Olympics together. So much has changed since high school. Andie can walk now, but she'll never be able to run much more than a jog now. But, she pushed me on with my daily training- or almost daily depending on what Luna businesses I had- so that I could be here today representing my country.

I look over to the crowd to see Andie, Chase, and their little three month old girl, Tessa. Once they mated, they wasted literally no time marrying and trying for kids. I'm glad that wasn't Mason and me. I'm not the mother type... yet.

Mostly I've been too busy between training and Luna business. As well, Mason has been busy with Tammy's third child, Ryan, and Alpha duties. He often times tries to join me during my training also.

We're madly in love but still simply dating. We both know we love each other so nothing more has been necessary.

I wave to Andie's child, Tessa, and Andie holds Tessa's hand making it seem like the baby is waving. I smile before turning to Mason. He's holding a sign exclaiming 'Go get 'em tiger! #TeamRylie' I asked him multiple times not to bring it, but he refused saying he needs to show his support in every possible way.

I next find Mom and Momma D both screaming at me about how I'm 'gonna pown those lame ass runners.' I honestly just don't know... My moms are so weird, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Scott snaps his fingers in front of my face, "Rylie, focus." I look back in front of me staring at the finish line only one hundred metres before me. "You need to win this, Rylie. I believe in you." I thank Scott, and he runs off the track as all the other girls take their spots.

It's now or never.

Bang!

As the gun goes off, so do I. I don't bother to notice the girls around me as I pass by them on my race to the end of the hundred metre dash. My attention stays focused on the finish line; the little white line at the end of the track; the one I've been dreaming about running past since I was fourteen; the one I've...

I've already passed it, I realize. This entire time, my entire life, Mason has been my finish line. I love him and am simply happy and fulfilled to be with him. Not the Olympics, or meeting new wolves, or going to University, or becoming Luna of the Wyte Pack- none of those were my happily ever after. Mason has been my finish line since the start.

For half my life I focused on winning the Olympics thinking I'd finally feel fulfilled and happy in life. I used to rely on winning the Olympics for all my hope for the future, but I don't need that hope anymore:

I've already won.