Love of My Life

Hey guys. I actually wrote this for emotional reasons but I thought some of you might enjoy it wink wink lol. Freddie in the media singing the song that really breaks me when I read this. You should listen to it after you read it. :)

-

Unknown

He walked around the front of the truck and opened the passenger door. I sucked in a quick breath as he climbed up into the seat and shut the door behind him in one fluid motion.

"What's up?" He asked turning his body to face me. It'd been months since I'd been so close to him. I could smell the cologne and weed mixture seeping off his clothes and it was intoxicating. He was in his joggers and a long sleeve sweatshirt.

He looked the same as always, his hair too long, needing a cut and his beard perfectly trimmed. His stupid cardinal's baseball cap on his head covering up his unruly hair as always.

He was giving me a smug look and I had the urge to wipe it off his face.

"What's up loser," I said anxiously. I gave him a cautious smile, one holding in all my true emotions.

This man had loved me and destroyed me too many times to count. We were children when we met and I knew that only one of us seemed to really ever grow up.

Despite the anger and frustration I felt towards him I could also feel the magnetic pull that always existed between us. That intense electricity that no one else's presence ever provided.

"I'm glad you decided to stop in," he said honestly. "I saw your message. It's about time you came to visit me in my natural environment," he said looking into my eyes.

The St. Louis arch stood in the distance behind him. The sun was beginning to set on the city and it made the moment all too real.

I focused back on his eyes shaking myself out of the thoughts that bombarded my mind.

I could see the same man I had fallen in love with in those deep brown eyes but I flinched when he pulled out his expensive looking vape.

"Ugh, get out," I said angrily, reaching over and flicking him on the nose.

"Ow!" He exclaimed like an angry toddler. "What was that for?" He said giving me an irritated pout.

"You're still a nicotine addict? You know how bad that is for you... One of these days you're going to die and then you'll be responsible for breaking me for a thousandth time in a row," I said, my rage getting the best of me as I lectured him.

He just chuckled and opened the door as he hit the vape, blowing the vapor out into the night air.

"Are we really going to have this fight again?" He asked in a bored tone.

"Yes," I replied indignantly, "you know I hate it. Remember back in the day when I'd get angry at you for smoking a cigarette? You'd always sit up on the hill behind Springer and stare at me while you smoked it? I got so angry that most of the time I would drive away. I swear to god I will do the same thing right now and leave you outside this sketchy nightclub!" I practically yelled.

Oz, a pretty hopping nightclub for a Monday night was pulsing with base to the left of us and I motioned toward the door.

"Go on then," I said. He rolled his eyes and hit the vape, this time blowing it in my direction.

"You know we always fight because you still love me," he said with an obnoxious grin.

I could feel my face turn bright red with heat. "We always fight because we're both toxic and you can't ever grow the hell up," I said, holding back the pain I felt at remembering our last encounter, ending in a fight about his vices and mine.