Alien Blues

Hello friends

I suggest listening to Alien Blues by Vundabar

Makes the fic cooler

TW//: shooting, school shooting, guns, death, blood, dead bodies

Yeehaw let's go

———

Tommy slumped forward over his desk with a sigh. He was tired. He'd stayed up until one in the morning finishing up homework, and he had to wake up at six to get to the bus on time. He was currently in his second period, trying not to fall asleep as the teacher talked loudly and slowly, annoying Tommy out of his mind. He put in an earbud, trying to drown out the man with 'Alien Blues' by Vundabar on repeat. It was his last day before Winter break. He was more than happy about this, and had been shouting "see you next year" to everyone he'd not see until after break.

But currently, he was still stuck in health class.

He felt himself slipping into sleep and sat there, his head resting on his arms, half-asleep.

-

After a while of the same, the bell rang and Tommy stuffed his shit into his backpack, then stood and started walking to the door.

"'Bye, Mr. Mig, see you next year." Tommy muttered.

"Yeah, bye Tommy!" Mig said as Tommy left the classroom. He walked toward his third period, winding between people who dragged on his backpack, sending him off-balance. He made it as the one-minute bell rung, and sat down at his desk.

"Good morning class, today we have a lockdown drill, so we're going to do review and then we'll watch a slideshow and have the drill, and then evacuate to our stations outside. By the time we get back in, the bell will have rung, so after review pack your stuff." The teacher said. Tommy sighed and pulled out his math review and a red pen, and answered the questions on the board.

The slideshow was a review of run, hide, fight and stuff like that for lockdowns. It was pretty boring. Then it ended and the announcement speakers beeped once.

"Hello, fhgjh-" the speaker fizzed momentarily, "college, we are now in a lockdown drill. Please follow all procedures"

The lights were turned off as the class drifted to a corner and everyone sat down. The blinds were pulled and the room was plunged into darkness. Tommy sank down into criss-cross applesauce, 'Alien Blues' still playing quietly in his ear. Someone coughed. Ten minutes of quiet shuffling, muffled laughs, and quiet breathing passed.

Then the speaker came on again, "Thank you. Please evacuate the building and take role outside."

So the lights were on and people were walking out of the building.

Then a loud bang sounded through the school.

The air felt still. Tense. Students flinched and looked around, wondering what the hell that was. Talking started up, people asking others what had happened. The teachers muttered quietly, continuing to escort the students.

Another bang. A loud scream.

And then everyone was running.

My teeth are yellow,

Gunshots echoed through the chaos and out of the corner of Tommy's eye, someone fell to the ground.

Hello world,

Blood splattered in an arc of rubies, landing in Tommy's blond hair and on his face. He gasped shakily as he sprinted, away, from everyone.

Would you like me a little better if they were white like yours?

The gunshots were so loud, it vibrated in Tommy's chest. He wiped the blood from his eyes that was no doubt from one of his friends.

I need to purge my urges,

Tommy let out a loud sob as he passed lying students. He didn't know who was dead and who was alive.

Shameshameshame-

He tripped, falling momentarily in a puddle of someone else's blood.

I need an alibi to justify,

Another loud bang sounded behind him and he scrambled to stand.

Somebody to blame

The exit was so close-

It's a halibut, "party bitch", give it a name

Another loud gunshot that shattered Tommy from his back and spread through him like fire.

And say, "Hey, hey"

Tommy slumped forward as blood dribbled from his lips.

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na

He was going to die here.

Na-na-na-na-na-na

His body ached...

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na

He was so tired.

Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh

The world around him faded to black as the song ringing in his ears got loud, the guitar serenading his death.

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na

Na-na-na-na-na-na

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na

Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh

———

The end wahoo

Thanks for reading, fiancé- sorry not sorry