Chapter 1 - Regret

Two people are sitting on the edge of a cliff, overlooking a calm ocean and sunset.

"So this is it, huh?"

One of the two said, not taking his eyes off of the ocean.

"Haha you wish, really thinkin' you can get rid of me?"

"Haha yeah...."

A tense but not uncomfortable silence grew, just for a moment before being broken.

"...It'll only be a few months, a year maybe..I won't be long and...and when I get back we can celebrate, on me."

"I'll be holding ya to that!"

Another pause of silence.

"I'm gonna miss you..."

"I'll miss ya too, but don't worry you'll be back before ya know it and we can pick up right where we left off! It'll be like ya never left!"

"...Yeah..."

....What happened to us...?

Marina appeared in the cannon right beside the cabin, Pearl followed behind her. She and Pearl walked off towards the cabin, past an oversized snow globe that contained the talking takoyaki and walked by ready to tune out any snarky or annoying remarks from him but....nothing came from him.

Confused, she stopped and turned around, Pearl following her lead.

"You're quiet today."

She remarked.

"Finally decided to back off DJ Octo loser?"

Pearl shot after her.

Octavios gaze stayed on the floor, avoiding their eyes.

Marina felt something was off and felt a tad guilty for her and Pearl's harsh comments. Marina stepped forward, approaching the globe.

"You're oddly quiet."

"Oh, so you'd rather me insult you?"

He shot back, pretty clearly annoyed and maybe a little upset, he was still avoiding her gaze.

"Come on 'Rina, just ignore this loser, we've got work to do. The Capn wanted us done before 7 and we have our morning broadcast."

Octavios gaze seemed to fall even more at Pearl's voice.

Hesitantly, Marina walked away and back over to Pearl. The two walked off to the cabin to get suited up. As they got changed they spoke a little.

"Can you believe that guy? Can't believe he led an army."

Pearl complained.

"He didn't really lead an army as much as he lead a hoard of brian washed kids."

"I think that makes him more of a prick."

Pearl shot back.

"...He seemed off, I couldn't get the best read on him but...he seemed sad or maybe regretful..?"

Marina spat out.

"This is really getting to ya, huh?"

Pearl replied.

"I don't know, I just feel like I should do something...Like I could do something."

"Well if you want, after we're done you can try talking to that jerk again."

Pearl suggested.

"Yeah..alright well let's go."

Her and Pearl left the cabin and walked into the canyon to start the recon mission they were given.