Chapter 4

Written by: Mj

"Are you sure this is really a good idea?" Seungmin asked under his breath, while on the phone with Changbin.

He's walking to the café where he'll meet Hyunjin; it's the same café he went to with Changbin last Monday. When Hyunjin abruptly ended the call after telling Seungmin to text him the time and date, he panicked, so Seungmin simply texted the same café and its location, as well as the time, which was three o'clock in the afternoon.

"What's the harm in that?" Changbin responded on the other line,

"Did you hear how irritated Hyunjin sounded on Monday? " Seungmin grumbled as he came to a halt when the stoplight turned red; the café was just across the street.

"He doesn't have a choice because you two are partners in that tournament," Changbin pointed out, "besides, he's always been annoyed with you, I mean you've told me how he'd ignored you and given you death glares, right?"

Seungmin sighed as he crossed the street after the stoplight changed to green.

As he approached the cafe, Seungmin acknowledged Changbin's words, "Well, you have a point. I'm finally at the cafe; I'll end the call now," he said as he walked into the cafe, which smelled of freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked sweets.

"Good luck! Let me know if he kills you or anything," Changbin said, causing Seungmin to roll his eyes.

"How am I going to tell you if I'm already dead?" Seungmin shook his head, checking the time on his watch, which read 10 minutes before three o'clock. "I'll hang up now, go prepare for your date with Felix." He said, his voice tinged with a teasing tone,

"It's not a date! I-It's just...uh... a friendly date!" Changbin tries to defend himself, Seungmin just chuckles.

"Whatever you say. Bye!"

Seungmin checked the cafe after finishing the call to see if Hyunjin had arrived before him, but given how irritated Hyunjin sounded during the call, he probably dreads seeing Seungmin and won't arrive early. Seungmin won't be surprised if Hyunjin arrives late, but for someone who values time, that would irritate him greatly.

Shaking his head, Seungmin decided to take a two-seat table near the entrance so Hyunjin could find him right away, and so Seungmin could see if Hyunjin arrived at all.

"Should I order?" Seungmin wondered softly as he squinted to see the menu just above the counter, not far from where he was seated.

"I have no idea what Hyunjin likes though..." Seungmin ponders, "I'll just wait for him for now then," he decides and shrugs, keeping an eye on the entrance and occasionally checking the time on his watch.

Hyunjin is 20 minutes late, much to Seungmin's dismay and surprise. When he sat in front of Seungmin, the latecomer even had the audacity to raise his brow.

"What?"

Seungmin closed his eyes, took a deep breath, sighed, then opened his eyes and gave Hyunjin an unconcerned look, which irritates the latter, who clearly wants to annoy Seungmin who isn't falling for his schemes.

"I'll just ignore the fact that you're 20 minutes late," Seungmin began, gesturing to the counter; "now, you go order for us so we can finally begin our discussion," he added.

Hyunjin's face shows a disapproving expression, indicating that he didn't like it. "For us?" sneered Hyunjin, "Why the fuck would I order for you?" he added, scowling at Seungmin.