Chapter 8

Written by: Rin

Seungmin sighed, walking awkwardly with Hyunjin as the cold steps of their feet were the only things that could be heard in the vicinity.

Hyunjin looked towards Seungmin as the younger looked back, making Hyunjin immediately avoid contact.

God, this is the worst walk I've ever had in my entire life. Hyunjin scoffed, pondering if he should just ditch Seungmin then and there; but that was way too rude of him to do so, the least he could do was at least give the boy his umbrella back.

"How's your studies?" Hyunjin mutters out, trying to break the awkward silence.

"Oh.. um.. It's okay." Seungmin mumbled, "I'm a bit tired I guess." Seungmin replies again, his voice hoarse as his eye bags were evident to Hyunjin, making the older realize how tired Seungmin must be from over-studying the whole time, slowly making him realize why Seungmin was most likely ahead of him, I mean, to be honest, this guy barely had a social life, all he did was confine himself to his room to study.

Hyunjin sighs, "It's not much for you huh, always 1st place." He scoffs once more, "Mhm, I guess. It does get tiring too sometimes." Seungmin responds.

"All I do is study, study, and study. I never go out to do anything, the only friends I have are my correction tape and ball-point pen, and Changbin." Seungmin jokes, "It's taken a toll on me, but hey, what can I do." Seungmin shrugs.

"I see.." Hyunjin mumbles.

"I'll ask you then this time, why do you hate me so much?" Seungmin asks, "I'm not answering that." Hyunjin glares, "But.. why? What... what reason do you have to despise me?" Seungmin sighs, "That's for another occasion for me to tell you Kim, and, this is for only me to know and you to figure out later." Hyunjin smirks.

"My name is Seungmin y'know." Seungmin grumbles.

"I know, I'll still call you Kim though." Hyunjin jokes.

"Ugh.. fine.. I'll wait for you to give me my answer.." Seungmin defeatedly says to Hyunjin, not getting any reason why the older hated him, not even a fraction of it, frustrating, but it was the usual.