Rain

⚠️ Warning: Strong language, upsetting/triggering themes.⚠️

"Please!"

Piper ran out onto the street, splashing through puddles that soaked through her socks.

Finn turned to look at her, already halfway down the road, stood under a street light.

The rain picked up, in quantity and force, every droplet like an icy bullet.

He pulled his hood up, and continued walking.

She ran after him, shivering in just her shirt and jeans, the material clinging to her skin.

Piper was crying, had been for a while, and her eyes were pink and puffy, tears and snot running down her face.

"Pipes, you're going to freeze-"

"I don't care! Finn..."

The rain dripped off the end of his nose, and a gust of wind blew his hood back.

Piper's whole body was trembling, her arms wrapped around herself doing little to keep herself warm.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." She broke off crying, hiccupping.

In a hopeless attempt to dry her face off, she swiped a hand across her cheeks, but more tears and more rain dampened them again.

Finn felt sick.

Flashback

"I think we need to take a break." Piper whispered, barely able to look at him. Her mascara had begun to smudge under her eyes, a half-used tissue clenched in her fist. Holding her phone in a trembling hand, she was still staring at the message she'd sent to him, asking him to come home.

"Pipes... What? What happened?"

"I think you know what happened."

"I don't," He slid into the chair next to her, reaching for her arm. She pulled it away again.

"Sophie said... Sophie said you were with her last night."

Sophie. Bloody Sophie was the reason for all of this?

Finn ran a hand threw his hair and exhaled loudly.

"What did she say?" He asked, doubtless he already knew the answer.

Piper dropped her phone in front of him.

Sophie: Thought I'd better let you know Finn was round mine last night. I'm so sorry, we were both drunk and it just happened. Might want to talk it over with him tho xx again, so sorry.

Finn stared at it in disbelief. The lies were practically dripping off the screen.

"That's not what happened."

"Why would she lie!" Piper got up from the table, and took several paces away from him.

"Because she's a scheming bitch who wants to get under your skin! Nothing happened between us last night!"

"You didn't come home!"

"Because I was at Henry's-"

"Until eight o clock at night the next day?"

"No, that's not-"

"Stop bullshitting me!"

"Listen to me!"

They'd both been screaming at each other then.

And it only got worse.

End of flashback