Prologue

In a land far away there lived a cruel and greedy prince, he lived in a grandiose castle his parents had passed and he was on the way to becoming king. He was beautiful, even as a child, there was no denying it, the prince had thousands of young suitors but he deemed he was too busy to even consider a romance. It was the bane of his parent's existence and a part of him wondered if they died of heartbreak in the end. The prince almost felt bad that he felt nothing when they passed, but he knew they thought he was a shameful son who would never live up to a great ruler. He was void of emotion and would never love anything if he could help it.

Until one night everything changed.

Rain slammed against the large windows of the castle, and thunder rumbled in the distance. The prince was sitting in his study, trying to memorize one of his study books, he chewed the end of his pen. A knock resounded on the door of his study and he told them to enter gruffly, taking his glasses off his face.

Phil entered the room and smiled weakly at his old friend's son, they were always close. If Technoblade had anything to say about it, this man raised him more than his father ever had. "There's someone at the door asking to see you," Phil gave him a pitying smile, "She won't leave unless she talks to you. She's a soaking wet, older woman, smaller than Sally."

"Tell her to go away. I don't have time for handouts."

"Mate come on now." Phil scolded, "talk to her at least. Please."

Technoblade heaved an annoyed breath, shoulders sagging, "Fine. If it'll shut you up I'll talk to her and tell her to leave to her face." Phil's frown only deepened but didn't say anything else against the prince. Technoblade left the room his glorious cape sweeping behind him elegantly, his shoes clicked against the floor. Wilbur and Sally were talking to the old woman at the door, Techno could barely make out that Sally was offering her a nice cup of tea, claiming Puffy made the best cup around.

"Sally." Technoblade's gruff voice cut through the air like a knife, she flinched shyly leaning against her husband's body. Wilbur shot Technoblade a heated glare, "That's enough I'll take it from here."

"Yes, your highness." Sally bowed, and Wilbur scoffed, if he wasn't Phil's biological son he would've cut out his tongue for that.

"Come on Sally. Let's head to bed, we still need to tuck Fundy in; you know how he gets when he doesn't get his bedtime story." Wilbur responded ushering his wife away from the king, he shot Technoblade another glare. He kept his head held eye and sneered back at him before turning to the elderly woman in the doorway.

"I don't hand out charity lady," Technoblade grumbled arms crossed tightly over his chest, she raised a stark white eyebrow. With shaky hands she pulled her hood down around her neck, her hair was tied up in a tight bun, wrinkled hands came out to grasp Technos' his nose scrunched up and ripped his hands away. "Don't touch me," He hissed at her, "You're not worthy to lay a hand on me."

"Please your highness, I just need a place to stay for the night. I won't cause you any trouble, I'm quiet and I can help with chores if need be, I'm afraid other than that all I have is a single rose I can offer you."

"I have enough useless staff around her I don't need another to add to the list cripple." Technoblade's mind drifted to Ranboo, the young kid who seemed to be allergic to water, if it touched his skin he'd break out in hives. But he was someone Phil considered a son so he could do nothing about it, Ranboo was protected.

"Please. I have nowhere else to go-"

"Get lost before I kick you out!" He moved to slam the door shut but it stopped seemingly on its own, he brought his eyes up to meet the old woman's, they were glowing a sharp yellow. Her once old body was replaced by that of a gorgeous young woman, a witch.