Middle School Researching

Bakugo hadn't seen Midoriya since the incident but he had been watching the news. Specifically the news about the Quirkless Killer.

It made him nervous, though he would never actively show it. His mom kept checking in on the Midoriya family, however the conversations were empty and short.

Once, Katsuki and Mitsuki visited the greenettes' house, only to find no one was there.

The one thing that Mitsuki got from the few phone calls was that Inko's shifts at work were picking up and that Izuku was hardly ever home.

But he wasn't missing. And he wasn't killed.

That in itself was a relief.

Yet the absence still unnerved the Bakugo family. Katsuki began walking passed their house at night, only to find none if the lights visibly on, except for a few select days. It was as if the house had been abandoned for the most part.

But if Izuku was hardly ever home, then where was he?

Bakugo was nervous. He had a bad feeling in his gut, however he could do little to nothing about it.

He couldn't check on Izuku at school because the greenette never showed up. He never even saw the greenette out and about.

The cold hard truth was he never saw the greenette.

And he probably wouldn't ever again.

Tsukauchi was researching middle schools in the area. He mulled over cases where a quirkless suicide has occurred. Afterall, the voice of Hero Belief said they had witnessed a quirkless suicide in their school growing up.

Tsukauchi shifted through the online system. Since the voice was thought to be a kid, Tsukauchi put in a time frame.

Ten years to now.

And all quirkless suicides located at a middle school would be limited from ten year old cases to recent ones.

Over fifty three results popped up, and Tsukauchi felt like throwing up. Usually he wasn't assigned the cases about local suicides and murders.

Most commonly, he was given larger, more controversial cases.

As sad and unfair as it was, quirkless deaths was not considered a large case. Even though these cases were high in numbers.

Slowly Tsukauchi began skim reading the cases one by one. He marked each and every one on a map, and then wrote the names on a sheet of paper.

The left column was the least likely to be the death related to Hero Belief. The middle was questionable, as there were some cases with little to no information. And the right were the cases Tsukauchi planned to look further into.

After he finds and helps Hero Belief, he plans to take a month off and return to these cases in his free time.

These families needed an apology.

And probably more.

Way more.

Approximately four hours later, Tsukauchi was still sitting at his desk as Toshinori arrived.

Toshinori was upset, bags under his red, puffy eyes and hands shaking. He was holding two cups of coffee, trying desperately not spill them.

But Tsukauchi didn't look up, he was too busy reading the final case. After a few moments, Toshinori set his friend's cup on his desk and sat in one of the corner chairs.