Chapter One: Do I Know You?

Fireplace_Embers has started streaming!

"Hey, Fires! How's it going this lovely morning?" A young woman appeared on screen.

She had fluffy, short, orange hair and bright crystal blue eyes. She grinned, and the light brown freckles that dotted her face were now prominent.

The chat was going crazy and she laughed, "Oh, yes, I'm not wearing any make up today. And I refused to put in my contacts. Is this the first time you're seeing my glasses? Well, do you like them? Because I do."

She clapped her hands together, "Alrighty, lets get right into it. I'm thinking we start with some Minecraft Bed Wars and then possibly move onto some different games. Sound good?"

The redhead had started playing the game when she got a text to speech message. It said, "Ember, you should watch out for team blue. We're coming for you. ;)"

Her eyes widened and she laughed loudly, "Woah Woah Woah, are you guys stream sniping me? Who sent that?"

Ember's eyes flicked down to chat and they were all freaking out.

"Wait, Holy shit, that was Slimecicle?? I'm a huge fan! But just so you know, target me all you want, you're not gonna win, guys. I'm just too good. I mean, I'm the best at PvP, so..." She winked into the camera, and the chat freaked out even more.

She laughed as she saw blue team running towards her. It was all four of them, and her bed was already destroyed and she had no other team members. But that's when she plays best. What would freak most other people out calms her.

Ember pulled out her diamond sword with the highest sharpness, along with the rest of her bar having potions, golden apples, golem eggs, and her favorite, TNT. Right as they arrived, she placed the four golems down and ate a golden apple. Then she started attacking the two that had gotten around the golem and put down TNT right in front of her and stepped back, right as it blew up, hitting the players. She laughed loudly, a glimmer in her eye for the video game blood lust.

Her eyes flicked down to the first death notification. Then the next as she killed the second. Then the third as she blew him up. And finally the fourth as she had a golem fling him off the edge. That's when she went on the offensive and took the long way to their base. She took the invisibility potion and the leaping potion, and jumped off the tower she made on their bridge and onto the top of the protection for their bed. She took out the shears, then the pickaxe, and then she finally got to the bed, in which she waited for a moment before breaking.

She could practically hear the team yell as she laughed, "Now it's even!"

After completely destroying their team and winning the game, she played for another hour or so before signing off. Just then, she got a DM on her Instagram from Slimecicle. Her eyes widened when she opened the message, and she spun in her chair, a small squeal escaping her lips.

A girl had appeared in the doorway, a minute after Ember had made that noise, "November? Is everything alright?" The girl asked, wearing a really big t-shirt and it made her look like she had no pants on.

"Yes! Slimecicle just invited me to play Minecraft with him and his friends!"

"Oh my god! That's amazing!" She grinned, running over and hugging her roommate and best friend.

November stood up, responding to the DM quickly.

Fireplace_Embers: Yes, of course!

That sounds like fun

Slmccl: Great, it'll be fun having you on stream

Hope you like chaotic survival

Fireplace_Embers: You know I do

Slmccl: Good, let me add you on the Discord chat and I'll tell you the details

Fireplace_Embers: Awesome

Hope you guys can handle the heat :)

Slmccl: Hahaha, we'll try

November smiled wildly, holding her phone to her heart. She bit her lip hard and held back from squealing.

"Emmi, time for lunch!"

"Coming, Hal!"

A Week Later, The Day of the Stream:

Headphones slid over her head and covered her ears and eyes opened. With the click of a button came the her voice:

"Hey, guys! Ya'll excited?"

She could practically hear the cheering from the chat as she un-deafened the VC. Voices flooded the stream, and November laughed.

"Ember! Hey!" Slimecicle exclaimed.

"Hey!" She greeted.

"I guess I should make introductions. Obviously the only person here with killer red hair is Ember..."

After a moment, and learning all their names, Ted, Cooper, Noah, Carson, and Travis, they were ready to play.

"Oh, and we have another guy comint, but he's late." Slimecicle added.

November smiled, "The more the merrier! Now are we gonna play?"

They all laughed at her eagerness. November loved these guys, and actually talking to them was like a dream. They were really funny, and couldn't stop making jokes. That was until the final member joined.

"Hey, Bitches!" He yelled, and November froze.

No...

Noah smiled and said, "There he is! I think Ember was starting to think you weren't real."

"Ember?" He asked, and they laughed.

"Dude, did you forget what we're doing?" Ted laughed, then started the introduction, "Ember, this is Schlatt."

After a moment of silence, she said, "Nice to meet ya."

With words spoken, the man also froze. That voice... And he muttered, "Do I know you?"