Chapter 1

"RING!"

"RING!"

"RING"

"INDIA! WAKE UP AND TURN OFF THAT DAMN ALARM!!!"

"RING RING RING"

"INDIA"

"I'M GETTING UP MOMMA, JUST HOLD ON!" India yelled. She groaned as she rolled to the side and turned off her alarm. She checked her phone and saw her friends texting in the group chat. She smiled as she scrolled through the messages.
           India and her four friends had been close since middle school. Everyone knew if you saw one of them the other four were close behind. The whole school called them the Fine Five. The were the most popular girl group in their Senior class. It was India (of course), Brielle, Justice, Havynn, and Mia.
           India was known for her height and glowing dark skin. She was the cheer captain, a straight A student, and she was the student body president. She was the girl that everybody wanted to be.

"INDIA!!! YOU GONNA BE LATE TO SCHOOL IF YOU DON'T HURRY YOUR ASS UP!!"
"OK MOMMA IM COMING!!"

            India ran to the bathroom and quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face. She then took a shower and went to her room and picked out her outfit. She decided to wear a tan knee length dress with tan sandals, and she wore gold jewelry to accent the neutral tone look. She unwrapped her silk press and did her edges.

"INDIA ARE YOU READY YET!?!" India's mom yelled from downstairs.
"YES I'M COMING NOW!" She yelled back.

                India quickly grabbed her backpack and ran downstairs to go to school. She was already running a little late so she grabbed some chips from the cupboard and a Gatorade out of the fridge.

"Love you mom, I'll see you after school!" She hugged her mom while walking out of the door.
"I love you too sweetie. Have a great day!" Her mom said while she hugged her back and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

She quickly ran to her Nissan Altima and connected her phone to the Bluetooth. She went to her call log and clicked on the first name she saw "DAY 1♥️🌏".

"I'm sorry but the Verizon customer that you are calling is no longer in service. DUDUDU"
"What the hell???" India thought to herself. "I'll just call Havynn then."

She went back to her call log and clicked on "Bestieboo💋."
"Ring"
"Ring"
"Ring"
Havynn *answers*: HEYYYY BESSTIIIEEEE
India : Why the f... did it take you an hour to answer the mf phone.
Havynn: Girl I was trying to catch my man.
India: Baby, what man??? It ain't like you can keep one.
Havynn: Bye cause you act like I'm the problem when I'm not. It be these "fighting demons" lil boys.
India: Bye Havynn. Have you talked to Mia this morning?
Havynn: Hey bae, and no, Patricia from Verizon keep saying her phone is not in service.
India: Same for me too. You think she ok?
Havynn *rolls eyes*: Girl it's Mia. She prolly just found a new dude she can run off with to Miami or something.
India *sighs*: You right. We all still meeting in the quad right?
Havynn: Girl duh! If you texted back you would know that.
India *laughs*: No. I'll see y'all when I get there.
Havynn: mkayyy. Love you!
India: Love you too boo!

After India got off the phone with Havynn, she blasted her music all the way until she made it to school. After she parked, she started to make her way towards the Quad.

"INDIA"

She looked towards the middle and saw her friends waving towards her. She walked to the table and sat next to Brielle.

India: Hey y'all!
Brielle: Hey boo!
Justice: Hey girl!
Havynn: Bye...
India: You always try to start sum with me.
Havynn: Cause imma always finish it.

                    Havynn was known for athleticism and sharp mouth. She played volleyball and softball. She was a star athlete and everyone expected her to get a full ride to a good school. Havynn was average height with brown skin. She had locs that she always got retwisted because in her words "she didn't want to look like a dirty ass man with dirty nails".

India *rolls eyes*: Ok Havynn. Have any of y'all talked to Mia this morning.
Brielle *sighs*: Nope

Brielle was the sweet and caring friend of the group. She was a humanitarian and was in the community service club at school. She always tried to keep the friendship together the best way she knew how. She was average height and dark skinned with a thicker frame.  She always wore her natural hair.

Havynn: Nah
Justice *rolls eyes*: Hell no I ain't talked to her.
India *rubs her forhead*: What happened between the two of you now?
Justice: That hoe fucked my boyfriend at the party last weekend.

Justice was the blunt friend of the group. She was light skinned and short with finger waves. Justice was on the dance team and was on the student debate team. She didn't take no shit from anybody. If she didn't like you it would be well known that she didn't.

Brielle: Oh shit.

While the girls were very close, they still had their ups and downs. Mainly with Mia. She was the wild unpredictable friend of the group and around school she was well known for her promiscuity. She was very spoiled having the latest and the best. To everyone's surprise she was on the track to be salutatorian while India was valedictorian. She was an Afro-Latina with long hair she dyed blonde and she was on the shorter side.

Havynn: Girl how you found out?
Justice: Well Basically....

Before Justice could begin the story the principal came over the intercom.

"Good morning students of South High School. This morning we will have an emergency school assembly. Please report to the gym at this time."

Havynn: Oooo yes ma'am we ain't got to go to class early.
Brielle: Havynn, shut up. Be serious for one second.
Havynn: Well damn I was just trying to lighten up the mood.
Brielle: My bad let's just go y'all.

All of the students began to make their way to the gym. India felt particularly uneasy on the walk to the gym. While walking with her friends she felt a tall figure stand over her.

........: Hey India.

She was startled by the deep voice but she looked up and saw it was Damon. He was 6'5, dark skin, and had pretty white teeth. India had a crush on him for the longest. She never went out with him however because Mia became "entangled" with Damon.

India *blushing*: Oh hey Damon.
Damon: You doing good this morning.

He looked down at her while smiling. She started to feel butterflies in her stomach

India: Yes I'm fine. Actually I'm a little worried have you seen or talked to Mia this past weekend or morning.
Damon: Nah I was just about to ask you.
India: Damn, no I haven't I hope she ok.
Damon: I'm sure she straight but imma talk to you later India.
India: Ok bye Damon.

Everyone began to file in the gym each taking a seat on the bleachers. The principal as well as all the teachers in the school stood on the gym floor. The principal walks to the podium and begins to speak.

Principal: Good Morning, faculty, staff, and students. We will first being with the pledge of allegiance.

While everyone was saying the pledge India looked around the gym distracted. She then noticed that among the faculty and staff was Mia's mother and father. She quickly got the attention of the girls.

India: Yall, look, its Mia's parents.
Brielle: Girl you right. Why you think they here.
Justice: She prolly started a Herpes epidemic and they sent her off to boarding school.
Havynn: I-
Principal: Everyone please have a seat. This morning it is with a heavy heart that I must announce that our student and peer Mia Hanes has gone missing. It is uncertain when but police are saying that it is possible that it was after a senior party thrown by one of you on Saturday. If any of you have any information about Mia's disappearance, please let us know.

This information sent the school into an uproar. The rumors were beginning to spread people began to become suspicious of each other. Where was Mia, and how had she gone missing.