Prologue

Thirteen.  That’s my exact age when I started the mission that’s given to me.

I’m too young right? But no, in fact, I am  the late-bloomer because they  started to have their mission at the age of eleven or twelve.

I think being a spy is  very cool job and I’m right about that ‘coz until now that I’m fifteen years old, I’m  still in the business.

I never feel alone or sad because I can still have my contact on my parents, and Daddy’s always beside me. We’re partners in crime because he’s the one behind all those cool spy gadgets that we have. He invents new technology and gadgets that most of the spy uses and because of that I’m very proud that I am his daughter. My mom also helps the whole ‘spy world’ because she’s the one  that designs and  makes our  clothing. Thanks to her creativeness and my Daddy’s intelligence, we have the most coolest clothes in the world!

At hindi, no, ah-uh, we’re not trained here in the Philippines but our government pays all the bills that we, spy spends. Ang gobyerno din ang nagbabayad ng pang-training namin sa Europe. So being a spy is so cool! The coolest job in the world but also the most dangerous one. Mas dangerous pa sa mga militar dito sa bansa because if  they die they have a family that will cry at their burial but the spies don’t.

Sa mga katulad naming sekretong  kumikilos para sa pamahalaan, matagal na  kaming burado sa listahan ng citizen nito.  Masakit man isipin pero... yah, we don’t exist in this planet.

My job, our  job, can be very brutal at times. Katulad na lang sa dating mission ni Ate Kristen, she have to pretend that she’s a prostitute and even show some skin just to have information about a car dealer that’s  secretly selling imported cars without paying any tax from the government. Anyway, alam  kong hindi  yun ganon kabigat for the government to put one of  its spy on a mission pero dyan kayo nagkakamali because he’s not just any car dealers na pasikretong nagbebenta ng kotse because he’s also part of the Black Market. Nakipagtulungan din ang U.S sa’tin just to deal with it. 

One day, tagumpay na umuwi si Ate Kristen but she’s not as  happy as  she should be. Napag-alaman na  lang namin na she was touched by that man! But she can’t do anything because it’s part of  the mission and she can’t just twist the head of our target, hindi  pa bago  namin matapos ang mas malaki pang misyon na nakaatang sa’min. After a year, nakulong  yung  dealer and we killed him inside the jail pero pinalabas namin na aksidente para walang maghinala na kahit na sino. Nahuli din ang iba pang kasamahan  nito sa  Black Market sa America  pero  hindi  pa rin nila nahuhuli ang nagpasimuno ng  Market. After a year din ay may malusog na baby boy na si Ate Kristen at pinangalanan nyang Baby Joseph.

So our job can be that cruel at ngayon ay tatanggap na rin ako ng bagong misyon. It’s only my 8th time  to have my mission at sabi nila ay tamang-tama lang daw ako para sa misyon ko na ito dahil I’m still a teen at dalawa lang ata kami ni Kuya Zenon na teen dito sa grupo.

I am  fifteen years old at si Kuya Zenon naman ay seventeen na at ang iba naming kasamahan ay  kung hindi twenty ay nasa thirties na nila. So, we are perfect to be partners... in a mission.

“Maria, come over here, I’d like you to be the first person to try my new invention...”I heard my Dad say so I immediately come at  his side only to find a glass, an eyeglass to be exact.

“Seriously, Dad? Your new invention was an eyeglass?”hindi ko makapaniwalang tanong sa kanya habang nakataas ang kilay.

“Well, it’s  not just any glass honey. Alam mo ba na ang salamin na ito ay ang magiging disguise mo sa iyong next mission?  Honey, don’t just look at its structure, look  beyond the picture ika nga  nila, di  ba? Ito talaga, now wear this and look  at the mirror”utos nya sakin and I gladly take the eyeglass before I wear it and look at the mirror.