Music And Friendships

These are my designs for the toddlers/kids! (And if you think Nie Huaisang wouldn't wear hair ornaments when he loves the arts you can respectfully fight me <3) I'll add Mo Ying and Mo XuanYu in the next chapter, but the second chapter also has their designs just in case.
--------------------------------------------------

Mo Ying sat down on the cold concrete of the courtyard, pulling his flute out from his belt, and Nie Huaisang watched him with rapt interest. Reaching out and gently playing with the crimson tassel at the end of the deep black flute. "You wanted to hear my music, right Nie-Shidi? Since you like the arts and stuff. So this Shixiong will share his music with this small Shidi!" Mo Ying spoke with a lilt to his voice, teasing his newest (and oldest) friend. The boy dressed in green flushed slightly, whether it was because of shyness or the embarrassment borne of Mo Ying's new found favour for teasing him, Mo Ying couldn't tell, nor did he want to, as he pulled Chenqing to his lips and started to play a soft melody on his instrument.

Nie Huaisang watched and listened intently, his eyes glimmering with excitement and a sort of anticipation, as Mo Ying played a delicate tune, it had a soft and calming ambience, the notes dragged along cleanly and crisply through the air as well as around the courtyard. Flowers planted along the edges of the courtyard shifted softly with the slight breeze, the music following the flow of the wind and left Nie Huaisang feeling as though embraced by a familiar type of warmth and a kind of lucidy sparked through his mind. Mo Ying continued to play the song Clarity for him, before halting mid-song, the last note coming out crisp and trill, as he heard footsteps growing ever closer.

The two boys turned their attention to the door they had just exited from as the foot falls stopped and a small head peeked out from the doorway. "Ah, A-Xuan! Come, come here to Ying-ge, what are you doing over there? I thought the pretty Shijie was braiding Didi's hair?" when Mo Ying had recognised his younger brother he had hurried to stand up and call him over (almost tripping over his own robes in the process, he didn't miss the small pfft that escaped Nie Huaisang's lips at the small stumble), Mo XuanYu seemed to perk up and his countenance seemed to glow now he had found who he had been searching for. He hurried over to his Da-ge, Nie Huaisang watching bemused as the small boy literally slammed his entire body weight into his older brothers arms, Mo Ying having to steady himself for a moment from the force. "Really though, A-Xuan, what are you doing out here?" as he asked the question he slightly brushed his brother's fringe from his eyes.

It wasn't his brother that answered but a silky and slightly arrogant child's voice, "YanLi-Jie finished his hair, he said he couldn't find his Da-ge so I told him where you and Nie-Shidi had gone." Mo Ying reflectively tensed when the voice reached him, a sense of foreboding and dread settling in the pit of his stomach like burning coal and wrenching a nauseating feeling through his very skin and bone. It was Jin Zixuan, yet another person that made his body fizzle and pop with guilt and regret as if the very emotions had been etched into his soul and skin, making his heart burn and head fuzzy with a type of sickness. Mo Ying had turned to face the self-righteous toddler who had a slight blush to his cheeks, clearly trying to repress how the small sect heir really felt about this situation.

"This lowly one thanks this Jin-Shixiong for helping his Didi. This lowly one is Mo Ying." his voice had been a little shakier than Mo Ying had been hoping for, but the other's didn't really seem to notice as Jin Zixuan made his way over and soon the four of them were stood in the middle of the Wen's courtyard, the sun starting to dip below the horizon and the sky growing slowly darker and the wind ever colder. An eerie feeling welled within Mo Ying's chest as his eyes flickered to Jin Zixuan's chest, double checking again and again that there was no puncture wound where the boy's heart should be, his head swirling with guilt as he tried to reassure himself that his past mistakes wouldn't resurface in this life. The boy in gold huffed softly, but it slightly trapped in his throat so the sound came out as more of a choked snort.