Shameless, Mo Ying!

I messed up the way Summer and Spring go, it's Spring then Summer but I wrote it as Summer then Spring, please forgive my incompetence, but I'm deciding to leave it this way and change the way the seasons work in this life ()

Lan Zhan felt his nose scrunch up involuntarily before quickly regaining his composure, his uncle had sent both him and his older brother to deliver invitations to the clans a little further away than the others, and they had finally made it to the Mo Sect in Yiling. He was actually quite pleased when his uncle had given them this task, as Mo Ying and he had formed a sort of friendship over the past eleven years, via the exchange of letters and the few times their common friends had hosted banquets and celebrated birthdays, but he couldn't help the uneasiness settling on his chest as he and Lan Xichen had finally arrived at the Mo sect building's gates, they were large and looming, decorated with golden accents and built with a deep mahogany wood, but the opressiveness from those large gates weren't the issue, the issue was that it felt as though the buildings surrounding the sect and even the main building itself were buried by animosity and the resentment was heavy and plentiful within the environment- a place most definitely difficult to cultivate within, however the sect had been quite busy, near bustling with activity from street vendors and cultivators alike, and even the (seemingly) gentle woman that had come to greet them remained unaffected by the strong sense of resentment. Lan Xichen gave his brother an acknowledging look, before turning to greet the young woman, who was currently bowing to the two jades.

"Young master Lan, and second young master Lan, this small one must apologize for being the only one available to greet these big ones, if you would both kindly follow me, I'll lead you to the training ground and make a request with our Sect leader." the woman was quite tall, tanned skin and dark brown hair pulled tight into a bun that was held together with a simple wooden pin, her eyes were a deep brown that gave off a sharp light, making her feel dependable. Lan Xichen gave a soft smile and motioned for the woman to lead the way through the gates.

Mo Fai (as the two had learned from the servants addressing her as they passed through a few hallways) lead the twin Jade's through the gates and into the main training and cultivation grounds, Lan Zhan looked around at the gathering of people within the area, there were many practicing the sword, and others nearby playing various instruments or singing- however the sight that shocked the seventeen year old male so much so that he actually let out a sound of surprise was a group of women, all dressed in flattering and improper clothes. They were all contorted into strange positions, but amidst them, the two young masters of the sect were also dressed in crop tops and long, baggy garments. Lan Zhan's eyes immediately locked onto a certain person within the crowd.

Mo Ying's usually braided and wavy hair was tied up into a high ponytail, his eyes filled to the brim with concentration as he held one leg straight up in the air, slowly bending so his arm was nearly completely encompassing his leg, Lan Zhan watched him in interest, after all he rarely ever saw Mo Ying so quiet and determined, the Lan memorised his face inch by inch before his eyes started to travel, soon landing on his friend's pale stomach, Mo Ying was an esteemed young master to a quite successful and strong Sect and yet his body had looked near malnourished, his skin far too pale for how hot and dry it was here, the weather near always sunny, and his pale skin stood out like a sore thumb in the crowd of tan. Even Mo XuanYu had a tan, though definitely not as deep as some others, it gave off a rich and healthy golden hue. Lan Zhan jumped slightly when he felt a hand on his shoulder, but calmed upon seeing it was his older brother, "Wanji, would you like to join the esteemed masters? They seem to be training, and you seemed interested."

Mo Fai smiled as her eyes landed on her two young masters, "Those two, I swear. You can never get them away from their training, ever since they started to develop golden cores, it's as though they never take breaks! Silly children that only ever seem to remember their lives outside of this field when their friends come over to drag them off to the Nie or Jin Sect for a week or two! Though, it's been a while since the two had trained using that form of cultivation- so I suppose it is forgivable. Ah, if Second young master Lan would like to join the esteemed masters I can fetch a spare set of breathable clothes to train in?" Lan Zhan quickly shook his head and politely declined the offer, and as if sensing mischief Mo Ying had finally turned and noticed the new additions to the Sect's decor.