12

5 hours later...

Fighting is a lot harder to learn than I thought.
"Block, Red. Block." Chase explains for what seems like the hundredth time in five minutes.
We spent 3 hours finding a place to crash and spent the other 2 making room to practice fighting and using our powers.
"I am blocking!" I grouch. He throws a punch, making contact with my fore arm this time.
"Better." He says, performing a roundhouse kick.
I bound away with a grace that surprised me. My stunned second gave him time to pin me to the ground.
"Surprised you had it in you?" He asks knowingly, smirking.
I roll my eyes, "get off me."
"Aw, don't you like me?" He asks with mock hurt.
I shrug, eyebrows raised, "Sorry, pal. You'll find her one day." I wriggle away.
He smiles, hiding something behind his ocean eyes, "I have." Oh, I knew he had a girlfriend. I'm sure he does, he flirts but he is still taken. Definitely over his childhood crush.
Chase moves away and helps me to my feet. Taking this cute little moment as his weakness, I knock him to the ground and pin him there, "She's a lucky one then." I say hiding my odd jealousy. Oh come on! I sound like a cheap whore who beds a different boy each day. Ew...
"She just doesn't know it..." He grumbles and trails off in thought. Probably thinking of her now. Typical.
"Ok. So are we moving onto magic?" I change the subject and smile excitedly. Magic is my favorite. Scary but cool.

He sighs reluctantly but seems happy to move on too, "Sure. Ok, since you have my powers how about we try moving objects with our minds? You seem to know a little about that."
I nod, "I think I can do that."
"Move that chair." He instructs.
I swallow then stare at at the chair, making sure my face doesn't look contorted.
Thankfully, the chair easily lifted into the air.
"You got that quicker than I did!" He claps proudly.
"T- Thanks," I stutter. The chair crashes into the roof, falling to the ground in pieces, "Oops..."
Chase looks horrified, "That was a bit deadly."
I grit my teeth, suddenly angry, "Well, sorry! It's my first time practicing this stuff."
He cringes in pain, "Please stop." He falls to the ground.
"Stop what?!" I shout again.
"Your hurting me.." He says hoarsely. He looks up and I see the pain filled in his beautiful eyes.
I relax and he slumps in relief, "What did I do?" I ask curiously.
"I dunno. It felt like you were choking me and crushing body all at once." He coughs and sits up.
I can't breathe. Did I really do that to him? Thats- "That's horrible! I can't do that again!"
"No- it's fine. You could use that against Anya. It would work perfectly." He smiles.
Then it clicks into place, "When I'm mad I hurt people mentally. Whenever I snap at someone they flinch in pain. That's me! I did that to Sierra, Abbie, Jasper, Leo...." I list only a few people, "You." I add.
"Yeah. It can be a great weapon if you learn to control it." He insists.
"No." I say, avoiding any chance of anger, "I'm learning to control my anger and I don't want to hurt anyone I care about. But... Why does it affect you more? Everyone else just flinches and you were on the ground."
"Magic beings. It affects them more." He suggests.
"But Jasper didn't react like you." I argue.
"True. Maybe it's only the powerful Matters. He isn't as powerful as me." He guesses.
I shrug, "I guess so."
"Anyway, back to work."

Turns out magic is the easier part. It took me only minutes to learn what took Chase weeks.
"Yes! You've got it!" He fist pumps the air and I squeal happily.
He pauses and goes rigid, much like Jasper did before-
"Leo is coming," Chase says, "And he's bringing Jasper."
My whole world turn black and gold.
"We have to go." I say worriedly, not wanting to face Jasper.
"What happened to wanting to stay and fight?" Chase frowns.
I gulp, "that changed when you mentioned Jasper."
He rolls his eyes, "The only way you can move on is if you face him head on and beat the crap outta him."
"I'm not sure that's right-"
A bang at the front door says our time is up.
Naw dammit.
"Red? It's me, Jasper! I'm here, don't worry, I'll get you out!" A voice says from the other side of the door.
Chase glances at me in a way that says: is this guy for real?
I shrug, realizing how stupid he actually sounds. Obviously he thinks I'm still on the stupid side.
Then I wink at Chase, "Help, Jasper! Help me!"
Chase frowns for a moment then smirks in realization.
Game time.
I slide into the corner of the room and door my best to act frightened.
Chase makes sure the door is unlocked and quickly moves closer to me, making it look like he is trapping me in the corner.
Jasper breaks the food down easily and races to my rescue. Jasper punches Chase and Chase pretends to fall in pain. It didn't hurt him as much as Jasper thinks it did.
"Jasper!" I cry out thankfully, starting to fake cry.
I'm a fantastic actor, my teacher told me so.
As soon as he touches my arm I see the truth. He was the bully. It was truly all a lie.
I punch his jaw with all the force I can muster.
I see the impact shock him and he falls to his feet in pain. Serves the bitch right.
"Chase, block your ears." I tell him.
I'm very angry.