Chapter 12

~ Wednesday ~

~ Third Person POV ~

It was a quiet day. Linda hasn't been trying to get Roy's attention all day. However, when it comes to the recess break, Ellie walks around with Jackie and Charlotte. She started something that ended the girls walking away.

~ Ellie's POV ~

We had our lunch with the boys; then Charlotte and Jackie wanted to go for a walk. While we were walking, Jackie and Charlotte had a chat about something. I wasn't paying attention to what they were saying, then suddenly something hit me.

Ouch.

Jackie saw what happened and came to my side. "Ellie, are you okay?" Jackie and Charlotte asked, "I'm fine," I said whilst rubbing my forehead. Nearby a group of girls was laughing. Jackie looked at where it came from; her eyes landed on Linda and her group.

"Are you crazy?" Jackie yelled. Linda and her friends stopped laughing and turned our way. "What?" Linda asks with an innocent look upon her face. "I know it was you who threw that!" "Jackie, that's enough," Charlotte said, trying to calm her down.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Linda said as she went back to talking to her friends. "Let's go," Charlotte said, pulling Jackie away. So she does not cause a scene. Just then, the bell rang, we went to our next class.

~ Third Person POV ~

The boys were already waiting in the dance studio with some other students. They are discussing their music. Ellie and Jackie join them. When they turned around, they greeted them. Roy saw that Ellie was bleeding on the forehead.

He rushed to her side and worriedly asked, "What happened." "Nothing," Ellie quietly replied; as she touched her forehead and felt pain there. Jackie tried to hold her anger back grumbles. "That was nothing," Ellie stepped on her foot, signalling her to stop talking.

"Why didn't you go to the infirmary?" Roy asked, "I'm fine," Ellie replied. "No, you're bleeding," Roy said. Ellie touched her head again and felt a little puddle of blood; she smudged the area. Roy went to touch her forehead, but as soon as he touched her, she flinched and backed away.

"Sorry," Roy said, his thumb having some bloodstain from the wound from her forehead. "No, we are going" He grabbed her hand and pulled Ellie out of the room. "Where are you going. The class is about to start!" Karry yelled as they walked out of the room.

"Infirmary!" Roy yelled back as they disappeared from their sights. The teacher started roll call when it reached Ellie and Roy's names. Jackie answered that Roy took Ellie to the infirmary to get her wound treated.

~ Ellie's POV ~

Roy dragged me to the infirmary to get my wound treated. He was holding my arm all the way there. We arrived at the infirmary, which opened, but no one was there. Roy and I went to the room.

Roy let go of my arm to look for the first aid kit. I sat on a bed nearby and waited quietly. He opened a metal cabinet and grabbed the first aid kit, and placed it on the table next to me. He pulled the nurse's chair and sat in front of me.

He opened it up alcohol swabs to whip away the blood and disinfect the area, "this is going to hurt," he said as he moved towards my face. He comes in contact with my wound making its sting a little. I moved my head away; he stopped to let me breathe for a bit.

"Sorry," He said quietly.

I moved my head back to face him after calming down from the slight pain from the alcohol swab.

"What really happened?" Roy asked before continuing. "Nothing," I hesitated.

I need to think of an excuse of why I'm injured.

"Just tripped and scratched my head on a ground," I replied.

"Really," Roy asked  sounded suspicious.

After the wound was completely disinfected, he took a bandaid and placed it over the wound.

"There, it's all fixed," he said humorously trying to make me smile. 

Which he did.

He turned around to put the first aid kit back into the metal cabinet. He had his back towards me, looked down over the bed at my feet, and I let out a small smile and laughter behind him. He turned around while I was staring at the ground, and don't know he was looking at me.

I looked back up and saw him staring at me; I stopped smiling. "You just smiled," he said. "N-no I didn't," I stuttered, hurried off the bed and walked out. "Yes, you did," Roy said as he followed behind me.

"You should smile more," He complimented, trying to make me stop.

"Huh?" I questioned.

"You look prettier like that," he whispers into my ear whilst walking past me. 

I quickly flinched my head away from him.

Why did he get so close to me?

Suddenly I feel the heat swarming up at my ears.

...Did he...

I stopped walking.

Complimented me?...

My heart started beating really fast, I can feel the a slight heat from my cheek.

Suddenly Roy yelled, "Are you coming?"

I got brought back to reality when Roy called out to me.

"Coming!" I shouted, running after him.

published date: 27/03/22