Chapter Twenty-Four

T H E  L O N G E R Prince Thatcher went without telling Louelle about the unpleasant kiss he shared with Maryann, the guiltier he felt

T H E  L O N G E R Prince Thatcher went without telling Louelle about the unpleasant kiss he shared with Maryann, the guiltier he felt. Perhaps he had subconsciously been avoiding it, as he did not want another argument to ensue between them. He also knew he could have been honest with her without them involving an argument. Louelle understood the depth of his duties when it came to the arrangement. She was aware the prince had to pretend to want to court Maryann.

It had to be that way so they were able to have eyes and ears distracted from their private - secret - relationship.

In order to be assured word of the Maryann lip-locking situation would not reach Louelle before he was able to tell her, and the guilt which nipped away at his conscience, forced him to skip another meeting assigned to deciding Spain's (or Darling's) fate. It had been weeks of the same outcome - being there was not an outcome. The prince did not see it necessary for his attendance to be accounted for if a decision was not to be made. Especially when he was not permitted to speak, on direct orders from King James. Thatcher was well aware punishments would surely follow in his absence, but in the current moment, he needed to unload the untold story of his interaction with Maryann to his Louelle.

He was surprised she hadn't mentioned it to him the night prior, just as he fully intended to do. Perhaps Maryann kept their kiss to herself, which stupefied the prince. He was sure Maryann would have run along to tell her friends she kissed a prince, or even brag about it condescendingly to Louelle.

What if the prince kissed badly, and she was too embarrassed to say anything to her companions? Thatcher did not want to appear conceited, but he thought of himself as a good kisser. He kissed Louelle plenty of times and not once had she complained.

He would make sure he'd ask her if he was skilled at kissing after he broke the news to her of kissing Maryann.

He marched to the sewing room - where he knew Louelle would be - with purpose.

When he would see her, he'd firstly pull her into his embrace and kiss her as he wished to at breakfast. He'd kiss her as he wished to when his younger brother was being suggestive with her. He had no right to feel so bitter about it. He trusted Louelle not to overstep boundaries with Dane. He was also aware Dane was only being exaggerative to cause a rise out of him. Plus, as he tried to reason with himself earlier, Louelle fell victim to witnessing Maryann fawn herself onto the prince.

However, although he knew there was no purpose of being jealous, he still wanted to show her who she belonged to - and vice versa. She was his. He was always hers.

Secondly after showing her who belonged with who, he'd blurt out the kiss with Maryann and pray Louelle would not be too upset. She was often understanding, usually after isolating herself and mulling away in her thoughts. She eventually would come around. He had to trust she would. Their relationship, albeit new, had already undergone enough trials and they had resolved the issues handed to them. He felt confident they were able to get through Maryann forcing herself onto the prince.