Chapter 16

I felt everything wet so I opened my eyes only to find I was again woken up by pouring water. As I sit up. I saw Ashton brushing his hair and all dressed up in a dark blue suit with red tie and his coffee colour shoes and of course his black sunglasses as he spoke, "I am seriously sick of waking you up like this. Can't you wake up like a normal person?" I chuckle and say, "Trust me, this is the only place where I need to wake up this way even, I don't know why. I have slept in so many hotels and I wake up there without alarm but it's different here. I guess I am too comfortable here." Ashton shook his head in amusement and came to me and kissed me on the forehead, "Okay baby, now get out of the comfy zone and go get fresh then come downstairs." I salute him and go for shower.

I dress up in a pastel blue colour blazer with matching pants and white t-shirt inside and pastel brown heels. I went downstairs and saw Ashton pouring milk in the porridge so I went to him, "Ashton, I don't want to eat porridge, You didn't make breakfast?" Ashton looked at me, "I have to make the whole dinner for tonight so I thought about skipping to cook breakfast." I look at him with confusion, "We can order for dinner." Ashton looked at me like I have grown two heads and he spoke in a disappointed tone, "You forgot again and here I was expecting you to help me cook dinner. My family is coming over for dinner and they only eat home-cooked meals."

Oh shit, I totally forgot that. "I am really sorry, Ash. I totally forgot. I promise I'll help you with dinner. I have two trials today but I'll try to come home in the evening. Can we please go to a restaurant for breakfast right now?" Ashton shrugged, "Okay fine but don't forget your promise." We were both eating breakfast while talking about our routines but suddenly Ashton spoke, "I need to talk to you about one more thing on a serious note." I nod my head for him to continue, "I know you don't really feel comfortable around my family but just a reminder for you that you are Loretta Harvey and not Jennifer Lewis. You don't need to feel guilty towards my family about lying and all. Look, the Loretta in you has always been honest to them and they have always loved that Loretta so just be that, Loretta. You don't have to feel nervous. They treat you like family so you gotta do the same. I hope you are getting what I am trying to say. I just wanna say that we are family and that makes my family your family and your family my family."

He is maybe right. I've gotta stop the uncomfortableness in me because it's about my whole life now. I can't stay like this forever. I don't even remember what Jennifer Lewis was like, the only person I've been is Loretta Harvey. "I totally understand your concern, Ash. I'll try to work on that and I am sorry you must've been through a hard time because of me as well." Ashton laughed, "Of course I've been through a hard time. My wife can't even cook an egg and I have to come from the office just to cook an egg for her." I laughed as I remembered those times.

I entered my office, went to the shelf and took out two files and then sat on the chair. Only an hour is left and this case is pretty complicated. How am I supposed to fight this case in an hour, I'll need to make a proper presentation. It's all because of Stacy. Actually, Stacy's brother is getting married to Lucy's little sister in like two days and both of them are busy shopping and here I am a substitute for Stacy's case. I've to fight my case as well in four hours. Thank God, I am already prepared for that at least.

I called Stacy and on the third ring she finally picked up, "Stacy, this case is freaking complicated. I really have no clue about some points here." Stacy sighs and says, "Okay, just put the phone on speaker and open the file, I'll try to be as simple as possible." I and Stacy studied the case together and it was pretty simple. Just the clients made it difficult by adding not needed clues. After the first trial I was exhausted, but I had to drink two cups of coffee because I had one more trial in 30 minutes.

After the second trial I got a text.

Kathy:

Our flight is leaving tonight at 8 pm for Hong Kong.