Chapter 25

After having late lunch, Ashton and I headed back to our room. We both hadn't talked about yesterday and even though I didn't think I was ready to talk but I wanted Ashton to let it out and I also wanted to discuss with him about my chances of taking up grandpa's offer.

I sat on the bed with my legs criss crossed and started fiddling with my phone cover whereas Ashton relaxedly sat with his eyes closed. I worked up the courage to ask, "So, how did the meeting with Addy go?"

Ashton seemed to think for a while and then spoke, "Well, it wasn't really an ideal meeting. He told us about what happened to him and how much he's always loved us but he still wanted to keep living his life this way. And now that everything's opened up, he will come visit us occasionally." Well, I am curious about what had happened with him but I am not gonna push Ashton to tell me.

I continued our conversation, "Well, so how did your family take it?" Ashton opened his eyes and then spoke, "Surprisingly, my family was very calm. It's awkward and weird to have Addy as my brother but I think it was also a closure to our pain and anger. We felt relieved and kind of happy. My parents were welcoming and kind to him."

Alright, that's a good thing. I didn't really expect this reaction but the last two days have taught me to stop expecting. "Well, that's good to hear." I half lay on the bed with my arms crossed. After some time, Ashton spoke up, "How are you feeling? I mean with Iris being your mom."

I take a deep breath and speak, "At first, I felt betrayed but I am trying to come in terms with it. I mean she has always been a nice mom to me and although I know how much hurt I've been because of her but she's also been my source of happiness. I'll never understand her choices but I'll try to think more about good things. It won't make my relationship with her like before but it will make it better."

Ashton nodded his head and turned towards me and then took my hands in his and said, "Just know that whatever you decide to do, I will always love you. And good news. My family wants us to have lunch with them tomorrow." I instantly tense at that sentence. I was wishing I could have some more time before facing them.

Ashton seemed to sense my nervousness as he spoke, "Don't worry. They understand how hurt you are and they love you too much for your liking so there's nothing to worry about." I guess that is good news after all.

Maybe this is a good time to tell Ashton about Grandpa's letter. I stand up from the bed and take out the letter from the cupboard and go back to bed. I handed the letter to Ashton and spoke, "Grandpa wrote me this letter. I want you to read it." Ashton's face was confused as he opened the letter. While reading the letter Ashton's facial expressions had changed from happy to sad and to confused again. For a minute he tried to take in everything and then spoke, "So, what do you think about it?"

I looked in his eyes and then spoke, "I feel like taking up on it. I've been thinking about it since yesterday and I feel like this is something that would make me happy but everything will be ruined again if I take it." Ashton started rubbing the back of my hand subconsciously and he just remained silent until we both fell asleep.

Next morning, I washed up and went down and saw Ashton on the kitchen Island and sipping the coffee. I was dressed in a gray cropped top with Puma written on it with blue ripped jeans and white joggers on it. Ashton looked hot wearing black ripped jeans with a dark blue shirt and black joggers.

I kissed him on his cheeks and said, "Good Morning baby." While entering the kitchen. He pulled me on his lap before I was too far and kissed my cheeks, "Good Morning Love." I blushed and tried to stand up but he kept his hold on me and handed me his coffee cup, "Would you mind sharing coffee with me." I brush my fingers with him while taking the cup from his hand. I take a sip and say, "Why does it taste so much better than mine?" He blushes and puts his head in the crook of my neck.

After the romantic morning, Ashton and I were cuddled up on the sofa watching 'Emily in Paris'. We both simply loved it. Suddenly Ashton pauses the show and turns towards me with a serious look. He tucks my hair behind my ear while speaking, "I gave a thought to what you told me yesterday and I've come to a conclusion."

My heart started beating faster and faster with each word. I looked at him hopefully as he continued, "I think I'll support you in going after your dream but you have to promise me that I won't be caught up in the country affairs business as your husband. It's going to be hard already being the Queen's husband and I'll deal with the attention but your job or business whatever this is will be yours and solely yours. I'll only handle my business."

I was more than elated on hearing this. I couldn't believe I managed to find such a heart-warming person. I hug him and say, "I promise. I'll make it clear to every single person that you won't be taking on any kind of Royal responsibilities. You'll be your own person." He smiles with his dimples on show, "Then, I guess we could make it work."

Right now, Ashton was in the dressing room getting ready for lunch at his parent's house and I was sitting on the bed waiting for him in my baby pink turtleneck sweater with blue ripped jeans and white sneakers and my blue coat was wrapped around my hand. I was texting Steve "Wow, it took you this many things to happen to finally step up. Well good luck, brother." Steve had finally decided to tell our parents about Kathy and him wanting to get married. I'm just hoping for the best.

Ashton has finally graced us with his presence. I'll never get over the fact that he takes more time than me to get ready. Well, he did look handsome in the outfit I gave him. He was wearing a white turtle neck t-shirt with black blazer and black sneakers. He dramatically bowed down and extended his hand for me. I smile and say, "I guess I have told you many times that this gesture is for a dance." He takes my arm in his and says, "Well, I like doing this so bear with it." I smile and shake my head as we make our way downstairs.