Meeting Taeyong

She was the last person in the practice room after classes. She didn't like her performance during class, and apparently neither did her teacher.

"If you are to be an idol, it's essential to know how to dance!" her teacher remarked during class. "If you can't even do the basics, then you should leave SM!" Cyana didn't want to leave; she sacrificed so much to come to Korea. She could have stayed back in Canada and studied in school - but no, she came to Korea to try and live her dream. She didn't want to disappoint herself and her parents. Her parents supported her in everything, and she didn't want to let their money of coming to Korea go to waste. She didn't want to become a failure to her parents no matter how much they loved her. With newfound motivation, Cyana turned the music on and tried the dance routine again. And again. And again. And again. And again... 

When the young boy snuck into the room late at night to practice some more, he was pretty surprised to see a curled up figure on the floor sleeping. Approaching the form, he was startled to recognise her as Cyana, the girl his friend Johnny mentioned a few times. Why was she sleeping in the practice room? He was torn out of his thoughts when he saw her shiver in her sleep - she was wearing simple shorts and a thin shirt, so no wonder she was getting cold in the air con room after sweating profusely. What should he do? Reluctantly and shyly, the boy took off his jacket to place it over her shivering form. Almost instantly the girl stopped shivering and snuggled deeper into his warm jacket. Okay...now what? He glanced at the clock, it was midnight. Should he like, continue with his plan to practice, or should he wake her up, or what? He couldn't practice, the loud music would wake her up. If he woke her up, it would be awkward and who knows, they might get caught or something...he can play the music on just his phone? It won't be that loud, right? Slowly and quietly, he walked away from the curled up form in the corner of the room and made his way to the front of the mirror, ready to practice his dance routine. A few hours later, Cyana wakes up from her unplanned nap. She sat up with wide eyes, realising how late it was. She further freaked out when she noticed a boy dancing in front of the mirror with his phone playing music quietly. Cyana accidentally released a squeal of surprise, making the boy yelp himself and jump almost a foot into the air. The two simply froze, staring at one another with wide eyes. Cyana recognised him; he's one of the smrookies that joined this year as well as Johnny mentioned to her previously. The boys were good friends, but Cyana had yet to meet him due to the strict girl-boy regulations. 

"Hello," Cyana blurted out shyly. He returned the greeting back. "I'm sorry for intruding, I didn't mean to fall asleep here -"

"It's okay," he shrugged, going to his phone to turn off the ongoing music. "It can get a bit tiring here."

"Yeah..." Oh boy does she know. "I'm Cyana," she found herself introducing.

"I'm Taeyong. Uh, Johnny hyung kind of mentioned you to me before..."

"Yeah, Johnny and I are good friends," Cyana nodded. "I'm guessing the two of you are friends too?"

"Uh, yeah..." Oh man, it was so awkward.

"Why did you come here late?" Cyana dared to ask. At the question Taeyong looked away from her with a sad look.

"Uh, I'm not really that good at dancing," he admitted quietly. "I came to practice more because the teacher -"

"-doesn't think I can make it," Cyana finished with him. He looked back at her with shock. "Yeah," she shrugged, tightening her hold on the jacket over her. "He said the same thing to me, too. That's why I was here earlier, and then before I knew it I fell asleep..." she trailed off when she realised she was holding an unknown jacket to her.

"Oh!" He noticed her attention. "When I first came and saw you, you were shivering, and I didn't know what to do at the time, so I just gave you my jacket..."

"Thank you," Cyana blushed, standing up from her corner. She walked over to his still form to give back his jacket. "It really kept me warm, whether I was aware of it or not."

"You stopped shivering after I put it on you," he blurted out, face going red afterwards. Cyana was no different. "Uh, I should probably leave..."

"No!" she panicked. "I'll go, I stayed longer than I should -"

"You don't have to go!" he told her as well. They went silent. Man, this was so awkward and yet cute...

"If you want..." she spoke up. "Maybe we can practice together? To try and help each other." That didn't sound too bad; improve on their dancing while staying together? Sounds pretty good

"Okay!" the boy nodded his head eagerly. "We can show each other our routines and see how we can improve."

"Okay!" she beamed. And that's when something changed inside the young Lee Taeyong. He doesn't know why, but his stomach churned weirdly at the sight of her smile, and although she may look a bit rugged after sleeping, he still found her to be quite cute. He felt flustered being around her and always wanted to show his good side. What was this feeling? Realising he was staring at her blankly without replying to her, Taeyong cleared his throat and shook his head rapidly to snap back to his senses. "Okay!" he rasped out. "Well, while you're stretching I can show you my routine?"

"Okay!" she nodded, backing away from him. "Taeyong, I think we are going to be good friends after this,"

"Yeah," he smiled shyly at her oblivious form, feeling warm all over, "I think so too."