seventeen - catastrophic mashup

Walking into glee club with Blaine, I was ready to run away. I did not want to do this, not in front of all of the boys. We practiced for hours yesterday at my house, and apart from a little hiccup between Kitty and myself, we were ready physically. I just wasn't ready mentally.

"You'll be fine Belly. We're all friends here." Blaine tried to reassure me, walking off to talk to Sam as I made eye contact with Kitty.

"Not all of us." I thought, ducking away from her stare and walking over to where Jake and Marley were standing.

"Hey guys." I said, giving them a smile. They smiled back at me, eagerly continuing their conversation about the Hunger Games franchise. I chipped in occasionally, being an avid fan as well.

"Hey Jake, Marley!" Ryder came up to us, his smile faltering slightly when he saw me. "Hi Annabelle."

I gave him a slight wave, excusing myself from the conversation. Grabbing Blaine's car keys out of his satchel, I clutched onto Finn's arm and dragged him out of the choir room.

"And you did that because...?" Finn questioned as he followed me down the empty halls.

"I need to get the costumes out of Blaine's car and you're the only one I want to be around at the moment." I said simply, swinging the car keys in my finger.

"I thought you liked the glee club." Finn sounded confused, and I shrugged.

"They're nice, but I don't know them well. And the ones I do know, will bring up a certain situation I don't want to revisit." We had walked out to the carpark, and I now had to find Blaine's car.

"What happened? Why haven't I been told about this? Is it because I'm the teacher now?" Finn was panicked, but I put a hand on his arm.

"I made a mistake and told a certain member of the glee club that I liked them. No biggie." When we finally located Blaine's car, I opened the trunk and thrusted a box of sparkly accessories at Finn. Then I pulled out an array of black clothing bags, disguising the pink gowns.

"Here, let me help you with that," Finn offered when he saw me struggling with the seven bags, taking three off my hands. "Is this certain member of the glee club Ryder?"

I blushed, nodding quickly at Finn before walking ahead of him.

"I knew it!" I turned around, giving the tall nineteen year old a funny look.

"What? I 'ship' it, or whatever you kids say these days."

"And that is why we don't tell you things, Finn." I said, walking back into the school.

We were silent as we headed back into the choir room, and I slapped on a fake grin as I showed the girls the bags and boxes. The boys were nowhere to be seen, probably putting on their costumes as they were going first. Six out of their seven were here for the performance, as Kyle was going somewhere with his family for the week.

Finn and I set the costumes down, before helping the girls and Mr Schue move the chairs to the other side of the room.

"Promise me you'll prove to me and the whole glee club that you belong here." Finn whispered to me as we stacked the chairs.

"I'll try. I promise." I nodded, smiling at him.

Suddenly Blaine, Artie and Joe walked into the choir room, dressed in military jumpsuits. I furrowed my eyebrows, walking away from Finn and sitting down in between Marley and Sugar.

"I hope they mashup Batdance with Howard the Duck." She suddenly exclaimed, and I gave her a funny look in return. Then the music started, and I almost instantly recognised it.