twenty two - the final feuds

When Blaine came to my locker to pick me up, he was wearing a pout that seemed almost childish.

"What's up, buttercup?" I laughed, grabbing the books I needed for homework.

"I am feuding. Against Coach Sylvester." Blaine whined, looping his arm through mine as we walked.

"Why is that?" I hadn't had an encounter with the infamous Coach Sylvester, but I've heard plenty of things from the glee club.

"Tina and I joined the Cheerios when we thought glee club had disbanded, remember?" I nodded, remembering a distraught Blaine coming home in a polyester cheerleading uniform a few weeks before I decided to transfer. "Well, apparently she needs a gay man in the Cheerios and I refused, so now we're feuding. Mariah Carey versus Nicki Minaj."

I couldn't hold in my giggles, causing Blaine to glare at me.

"It's not funny, now I have to find the perfect Mariah song, write a decent Geography report and figure out how to get my identity back since Coach stole it to put a house loan in my name." Blaine ran his hands over his hair, vaguely resembling a shorter and classier Danny Zuko.

"Why are you touching your hair? You never touch your hair when it's gelled." I wondered, widening my eyes. This must be serious.

"Coach put cement in a tub of hair gel and it feels awful." Blaine complained as we got into his car. His bottom lip was stuck out like a child's, and his sulking made me laugh.

"But at least you have plenty of time to prepare. Isn't the main feud happening at lunch tomorrow?" I asked as we left the school carpark.

"Uh huh, and let me just say, you will be blown away. We're working pretty hard on it."

I nodded, impressed and excited. The two of us hummed along to the radio, and I drummed my fingers against my knee until I remembered something.

"How's Ryder? I haven't seen him since he left the choir room." My question was hesitant, as I knew that Blaine was unimpressed with his ignorance.

"Everyone is subtly ignoring him, except for Finn who pulled him aside to talk during rehearsals. No offence, but you like a dickhead."

I hit his arm, glaring at him. "He may be a dickhead, but we all know he's got a good heart. He just made a mistake, and once he fixes it everything will be okay."

"You are whipped, Annabelle Grace Anderson." Blaine said, as if it was a casual comment. I huffed, crossing my arms and looking away from him.

"I am not whipped. All I'm doing is casting a different opinion on how his stupid mistake should be handled. That's it."

«»«»

When it rolled around to lunchtime, it was just the glee girl and I sitting at our table. I had just come from Phys Ed with Jake and Ryder, but they disappeared as soon as the bell rang. Separately, of course.

"Hi ladies, Boy-Stealing Hobbit." Saskia suddenly walked up to our table with Kitty and the Neckbrace Cheerio, each of them holding their lunch trays. Saskia glared at me, and I shrunk when I realised that I had received a new nickname.

"Can we help you?" Marley asked, sounding surprisingly confident. That faltered when Neckbrace Cheerio gave her the evils.

"We're dropping Kitty off, and wanted to remind Hobbit about what she had to do, since a little birdie told us that she forgot." I gulped, looking down at my tray.

"What did she forget? If it isn't school work she doesn't need to do anything. You don't control her." I felt Marley reach over to squeeze my hand, and I smiled gratefully at her attempt to defend me.