Valentine's Day! (February 14)

On a Monday afternoon, he invited his friends to go to the Sakura Cafe. It is valentines day so he assumes there will be a Valentine Special or something. He has heard about it a few times but never really went there. But now because of this mysterious person writing to him, he is now in front of the Cafe. 

He heard his friends whisper around while he was ordering, but couldn't decipher anything they were saying because of the constant chatter around the cafe. His friends go to a nearby table and he knows what they want so he orders their drinks as well.

The barista looks at Kazuha and something behind the counter that he can't see. He orders a strawberry milkshake and a few other drinks. The barista nodded and gave him a small smile.

After receiving all the drinks, he walks towards the table while looking down to make sure he doesn't spill anything. Suddenly, there was a hand on his. 

He looks up to see who it was. The person smiled at him and said, "I'll bring this to your table." 

Hasn't he been ignoring Kazuha like the plague? Why so sudden? After he gives all his friend's drinks to their table, the person brings two drinks (Kazuha's and, assuming, the person's own) with him to a table with only two seats. 

He looks at his friends, confusion evident on his face, and they point their heads, making little gestures to go and sit with him. Kazuha goes and takes a seat across from the man.  

"I'm Tomo." He introduces himself as he gives a piece of paper with a doodle of a water lily that Kazuha is very familiar with. 

∘◦❁◦∘

∘◦❁◦∘

A few minutes went by and their friends had to leave, only leaving the two of them. Tomo then brought out both of the papers they've been writing on.

"So basically, I wanted to talk to you and Thoma told me to write you some letters and then Ayato said to draw my favourite flower and colour its petals. When all the petals are colored, I'm going to meet you face to face. It's like some sort of countdown." Tomo explained, then taking a final sip from his drink. "I colour it every time you reply to me. The first time I gave you the paper, one petal was already colored. It's kind of a way to tell you that I started it and it's like a promise tattoo or something." 

"You promised us that you'll tell him, remember?" Itto shouts out loud, from two tables away from Tomo and Kazuha, with Ayato laughing behind his handkerchief.

"Tell me what?" Kazuha asks, looking at him with interest.

Tomo gestures to come closer and he whispers in his ear, Kazuha feeling Tomo's breath, listening carefully. "To tell you that I have feelings for you." And that is enough to make him flustered to the point of Tomo pushing the papers and his drink away to rest his head on the table, never wanting anyone to see his face. Let the ground swallow me now, please.

"Well, why have you been avoiding me all this time?"

"Like I said here, I was shy. I just freeze up when it comes to you, okay? I don't know how to talk to someone like you. And those erased words? I swear, I would've said it out loud but then I read it again and then decided to just erase because it felt weird..." Tomo says, still having his face down.

"Do not be discouraged and think twice about everything you have to say. I find it quite amusing. And it's nice to finally talk to you." Kazuha takes a sip of his drink and turns his head to the window beside him, gazing at the stars twinkling high above. "I would like to be in your presence when we go gazing at the stars." Tomo raises his head once hearing what Kazuha said. He turns back, looking at him with a smile on his face. (Tomo almost fainted on the spot.) 

That cute smile turns into a smirk when Tomo's eyes fall on him a moment too long. "There's something on your face." Tomo turned his face away.

"Wipe it for me, please?"

Tomo grabbed a napkin and tried to wipe it away, when Kazuha holds his hand and leans into Tomo's touch. Closing his eyes and savouring this moment in Tomo's warmth.

(Kazuha: 2; Tomo: heart is in need of saving.)

Tomo wipes the whipped cream off of Kazuha's face and stands up, grabbing him by his wrist. "Let's go to the park you mentioned." He said, turning his face away to not let Kazuha see his face turning pink.

"What about these papers?"  

"Leave it be."  

"Oh? Why in a hurry?" 

"Stop teasing already and let's go!" Tomo declares, trying to get Kazuha to stand up and leave this cafe.

"Wait a moment, please. I'll be bringing these with me." Kazuha says as he folds the papers. Kazuha writes something down at the back of the small piece of paper that Tomo gave just now, while Tomo was watching his movements. 

"What did you write?" 

"Let's go to that park first." 

They went outside with Tomo dragging a cute tease (read as Kazuha.)

∘◦❁◦∘

They soon arrived at the park. It's surrounded by a few trees and, like Kazuha said, it is peaceful at dusk and after. Kazuha sits on a swing he frequents and Tomo sits on the one beside him. 

They are now surrounded by comforting silence, gazing at the stars. 

Kazuha hands him the piece of paper with Tomo's question on the front, then Kazuha tells him to look behind the paper.

And that is when Kazuha's soothing voice filled the silence in the air.

"You're counting petals.
'Tis February Fourteen today,
Be my Valentine." Kazuha recited, saying the last line while looking at Tomo. 

"Valentine's Day is almost over, you know?" Tomo debated, turning his head away.

"I started today without one, and I'll be ending it with you as mine."

(Kazuha: 3; Tomo: 0)