ELEVEN. miserable

— MISERABLE
season one — episode five

— MISERABLE season one — episode five

CHAPTER ELEVEN

      WHEN MINJUN AND THE rest of them had returned to the room, they were met with the shocked and displeased faces of Deok-su's team. Minjun had the urge to walk up to them and laugh in their faces, but that would probably end up with him being killed. And he was tired.

      He wanted to go to sleep so badly. His eyes felt insanely heavy and he was shocked that he hadn't passed out when walking back.

      The group sat down after being given an ear of corn and a bottle of water. Minjun wasn't hungry so he ended up giving his food to anyone who wanted it, not even comprehending their faces.

He rubbed his eyes before laying his head on Seulgi's shoulder, closing his eyes. But he was far too paranoid to actually go to sleep.

"I seriously thought we were all going to die. But once I laid back, I really felt so much stronger. 'What is this? This works?' Sir, how did you come up with that?" The crazy lady asked.

      "When I was young, I just—." He didn't get to answer as she cut him off. "You copied that from a movie, right? What's that movie? You know, the one that goes like this?" She started flailing her arms around. "The Matrix," Ali answered.

      She went silent and just stared at him for a moment. "So, you slacked off at work and just watched movies in Korea?" Minjun furrowed his eyebrows and opened one of his eyes. "And you, babe." She directed towards Sangwoo. "'Just take three steps forward!' I mean, that was way too cool." She complimented.

      If Minjun wasn't mistaken, he was pretty sure she called him crazy. "How did you come up with that in that situation?" She asked. "You said that was bullshit," Ali spoke up. "I did? What are you bullshitting about?"

      "You were crying, 'Are you crazy? That's bullshit!' That's what you said." Minjun snickered, causing Seulgi to smile as well. "Hey! Which country are you from? Do you even have a visa?" Minjun lifted his head off of Seulgi's shoulder, eyeing the woman in front of them carefully.

      "Gosh. Look, boys. Should we really let this strange foreign guy stay on our team? I should take this chance to sort this team out." Minjun rolled his eyes.

      "Shut the fuck up. Honestly." She turned to look at him. "What?" She smiled at him as if asking him to repeat what he just said. "You heard me. If we're being completely honest, the only thing you need to sort out is your manners. It doesn't fucking matter if he's not from Korea."