|〉Chapter 2- Fine

"Let's see..." Vanessa examined the wires that came from the VR headset, plugging them into the back of her computer and setting up the remotes that hang from her wrist due to the straps, She then looked down to the cardboard box and set her knee's on the carpet as she searched around until she pulled out a disk that was labeled "HELP WANTED VR" in sharpie, "There you are! Let's see what you're all about..." She mumbled before sliding the disk into her computer and watching as a pop-up showed on her monitor;
'Will you allow "HELP WANTED VR_exe" to make changes to your computer?'
She clicked yes and watched as a game loaded up on her screen, she hastily put on the headset and held on to the remotes.
She looked at the three animatronics in front of the menu, she recalled Grace stating their names, "Bonnie, Freddy and Chica... Not creepy at all," She let out before clicking play and watching as... Another menu popped up, but this one had games on it, a few were locked, but some were not, so Vanessa took a deep breath and played the first game.

She had played through each category, writing any bugs, glitches, or things out of the ordinary she found. But something came off as strange to her... You could collect coins in each level but to her recognition, you could also collect tapes that seemed almost like a glitch, so, she wrote them down as a glitch and continued playing without picking any more up than the first she found. Soon she was finished for the day, she took off the headset and rubbed her eyes... For some reason, she felt... Nauseous but she simply shrugged it off as tiredness and shut off the game, then her computer and headed to the bedroom where she fell flat on the bed and glanced at her snoozing puppy, recalling the nightmare she had yesterday and narrowed her eyes at the dog before he flashed a golden hue that caused Vanessa to quickly sit up and startle Barley who had rushed over and begun licking her hands before she rubbed her eyes and looked back at the dog... Feeling her breath get heavy.
"It's just your dog, Ness..." She let out, taking a deep breath as she caressed Barley's head then lying back down and gently shutting her eyes, "Just your dog..." She trailed off as she soon fell to sleep.

"Vanessa..." An addle masculine voice let out as Vanessa's eyes opened wide, "Let me out..." The wearily and deep voice spoke out.
Vanessa shook her head, "No... Please just let me sleep..." she cried as her body pressed forward, she stared at a few kids running past her and laughing at a muffled sob coming from the window next to her front door. A little girl with black, lengthy, and curly hair banged on the window and cried as Vanessa approached she noticed a purple car that drove up from behind the girl and a man stepped out with a blood-stained knife, Vanessa urged to back away, but her eyes shut before she could watch the man continually run the knife through the girl's skull, over and over until blood covered him and the window, the girls screams of agony and misery repeated in Vanessa's head as the man trudged back into his car and drove away.
She soon opened her eyes to observe the ceiling of her roof, suddenly tears proceeded to fall from her drowsy eyes, "You're too emotional, Vanessa..." She rubbed her eyes and turned onto her side, "Never changed into my pj's... Too late now I guess," She let out, cuddling up to her blanket as she watched her clock, "It's not even midnight yet," Vanessa gave out a sigh and hid her eyes from underneath the blanket, "What was that nightmare?.. I shouldn't be able to still remember it, should I? Was it even a nightmare...?" She trailed off, pausing for a long moment then speaking again, "Was I sleeping?" She shook her head, then shut her eyes, "Think of happy things, happy people, happy songs, happy flowers, happy..." She soon drifted off to sleep.

A noisy ringing flowed through Vanessa's sleeping mind until her eyes opened, and her head turned to the alarm clock that sat parallel to her on a nightstand. She grudgingly turned it off and sat up, pushing herself off the bed, and headed for her closet where she picked out her uniform and walked off to her bathroom, took a quick shower, put on her uniform, and headed to work. Once she arrived, she had sat down at her desk and opened up her laptop with a yawn, staring at the screen endlessly.
"Hey, Ness!" Grace let out from behind Vanessa.
"Oh- Goodness, Grace, you scared me!" Vanessa flinched, then turned her swivel chair to Grace.
Grace gave a brief chuckle, "Been scaring you quite a bit, haven't I?
Vanessa leaned back in her swivel chair, "It's not necessarily you..." she rubbed her eyes once more, "I'm too emotional..."
"Don't say that! Even if that were true, how would that be bad?" Grace asked.
"Those nightmares-" Vanessa was soon interrupted by Grace.
"Nightmares are meant to make you upset, they don't mean anything but bad," Grace stated.
"I think these new ones are... About the missing kids from freddys," Vanessa stated, recalling everything Grace told her over the phone... It all matched up.
"I knew I shouldn't have told you about those kids... Now you're having nightmares!" Grace sighed.
"What if they mean something? Ever since I picked up that-" Vanessa was once again interrupted.
"Ness! They're just nightmares, those rumors, and lawsuits on freddys... Weren't even confirmed true!" Grace exclaimed, "It's fine, everything's fine."
Vanessa was silent for a moment before turning back to her laptop, "If you say so..."
"Do you trust me?" Grace asked.
"Yes..." Vanessa replied.
"I promise that everything's fine," Grace said before standing straight and turning to the door, "Just don't try to dig into it much, I don't want you having more nightmares," She then walked out the door, closing it behind her.
"Im not five..." Vanessa hissed with her eyes narrowed.

A strange feeling came to Vanessa... She felt the air grow cold and send her into a chill until a voice, broken and wearily, had spoken out once more, "Vanessa..." She instantly stood from her chair and search for the inaudible voice before looking down to the floor and seeing the same USB plug that was in the ziplock bag placed down.
"H-Huh..? I never put that in my pocket..." Vanessa said, picking up the USB plug and staring at it, "You're calling my name, aren't you?" She looked to her laptop then back at the USB plug, she hastily sat down and plugged it into her computer...
'New device
Will you allow M̶a̸l̴h̶a̸r̶e̸ the new device to connect with your computer?'
She clicked yes and watched her screen into popups began to show up hastily, she couldn't even process what she was seeing...

'New device     Will you allow M̶a̸l̴h̶a̸r̶e̸ the new device to connect with your computer?'She clicked yes and watched her screen into popups began to show up hastily, she couldn't even process what she was seeing

"Let me out...?" Vanessa read off the popup, recalling in her last dream she heard the same sentence... "Could that be the tapes...?" She thought to herself, looking to the notes she wrote down that were by her laptop and scratched out 'Tapes in each level (glitch?)' and wrote down 'Tapes could be dangerous' instead, "I shouldn't dig deeper... but I want to know the truth..."

Ḯ̴̡̨̛̤̥̗͎̜̰̰͖̽̋̔̒̃̀̀͆̾͘ ̶̛̰͇͈̗͇͉̙̌̿̎̒́̚ͅa̴̻͈͓̺͚͘l̷̡̧̤͖̬͚̻̺͇̲̪̞̜͂̅͛͊͆͗͆̆̚͠͝w̴̩̗̥̖͇̝̟͍̞̭̅̈́̔͋̆á̵̯͕͉̳̜̻̞̘̭̼̘̲͙͕̋̀̄͊̓̏̇̒͐̕̚̚͠y̶̢̢̢̞̩̥͎̬̩̲̫͖̓̇ͅͅs̶̢̛̛̥͓̃̈́̌̓̄̀͛̂ ̶̧̦̪̦̺̌̾͒͐̌̕͠c̵̡̫̹̟͖͍̦̟̭̳̖̣͗̇͑̈́̌̆͐͂̈́͘͜͝͝ŏ̷̗͈̰̹̹̖̲̥̩̿̃̉̈͌̈̌͝ṁ̴̨͍̲̜̰̻̹̞͓̤̘̞̣̮̑̽̊̔̈́̑̌̍̇̽͝ë̵̥͙̱̱̺̻͙͕̒̕͘ͅ ̵̲̱̂̍̉̅ͅb̶̫͍͓̀͂͘͠a̶̛̹̺͈̰͕͐̔͆̔̂̍̄̂͗͜c̷̺̺͒̿̅͘̕ͅk̷͕̭̪͎͍̠̹̼̝̦̝̈̊̽̈̓͋̓͊̂̎̌͒͒͝
.
.