|〉Chapter 5- Newcomer

Vanessa neared her work building, rubbing her eyes that still gave a jabbing pain and bled ever so slightly. She looked around at the rest of her coworkers who walked to the building, a few from a different department and one she had never seen before who looked to be in a rush. She had a blonde ponytail that laid on her shoulder and duller green eyes than Vanessa, yet they looked quite similar.
Vanessa watched her enter the building, she didn't wear the uniform, so she assumed the woman was from another company. Once Ness entered the building she went straight to the lounge area to make herself a cup of coffee before she began her research, as she entered the lounge and made herself a coffee she thought about the instructions given by that... Rabbit thing.
"Remnant..." Vanessa murmured to herself before seeing the same girl at the corner of her eye walk up beside her.
She was idle until heeding Vanessa mumble to herself, "Did you say 'Remnant'?" She looked to Vanessa, who halted and glanced at her.
"Yeah uh... I have been looking into the new AR game the company's making," Vanessa stated, fascinated by the girl's quick dialogue.
"Ah- Yeah, that AR game... Should've known what you meant," The girl sighed and remained quiet.
"Vanessa Adams, you?" Vanessa greeted.
"Veronica Alder," She let out before turning to Vanessa again, "Wait your Vanessa? Your beta testing the game Fazbear Entertainment sent... Doesn't it seem odd? The game, I mean," Veronica asked.
"And you are?" Vanessa interrogated before plunging into a discussion such as that.
"Oh- I work for Fazbear Entertainment- Customer Service," Veronica let out with a hand.
Vanessa shook her hand then prepared two cups of coffee, "It's a pleasure to meet you," She said with a gentle smile.
Veronica began to dig through her pocket and pull out her phone, showing her number to Vanessa, "Here's my number, text me anything you find on the game itself. I have a meeting scheduled, so I'll be on my way," Veronica let out as she let Vanessa get her number into her phone and ambled out the lounge.
"Bye!" Vanessa called out, her eyes grew a purple tint and blood dripped down her face as she attempted to wipe it off.
"Fazbear Entertainment employee..." The rabbit let out, its voice echoed through her mind.
"She seemed interested in the VR game," Vanessa added as she proceeded to walk to her office.
"She could be useful, I'd keep her in contact," The rabbit stated, "For now, focus on your mission at hand my dear"

Vanessa sat down on her swivel chair once she entered the office and looked down at her laptop, she stared at the black screen. A shocking irritation hit her eyes and she promptly shut them, leaning back in the chair as she hovered her hands over the alarming pain, The purple glow plagued her eyes as she then shook her head, slowly unfolding her eyes and gazed back at the screen, "You said something about Remnant... Isn't that a small portion of something?" She questioned, her hands clasped together as she fidgeted with her fingers.
"You've got the idea, now let's take a trip into the location's past... Shall we?" Its voice whispered, Vanessa could've sworn it came from behind her.
Vanessa sighed and simply nodded, "William Afton, the supposed serial killer, had only murdered kids intentionally... Why is that?" She asked the rabbit, turning her swivel chair to look behind her, the only thing that had been there was the door.
"Could it be tied to the meaning of 'Remnant'?" It expanded her mindset.
Vanessa shut her burning eyes, untying her hands and scratching her forehead, "Death gives an agony, especially to anyone murdered... A sensation of bitterness, agony and fear," She stated as she deeply thought, "And Remnant is a small portion of something... A small portion of the agony and bitterness of a child?"
"Goodness, you catch on quick," It chuckled.
"Why would he need something like that?" She asked.
"It produces a sort of energy, to a human... Possibly immortality?" It stated, which brought Vanessa deep in the need to know more.
Turning to her laptop, Vanessa turned it on with a press of a button and opened to her browser, where she gently yet hastily typed. She viewed the results, a criminal record of William Afton appeared and Vanessa scanned through it, "He killed so many innocent children... For his life?" She mumbled to herself, "They aren't even sure of his age or death, it's just known he went missing... But if he uses this 'Remnant' to gain immortality he can't be dead," She stated, the rabbit chuckled, "What's so funny?" Vanessa asked, his chuckle disturbed her each time...
"You really are special, Vanessa..." It let out as a pain hit her eyes once more, and she groaned, "How about we discuss this more in my reality?"
Vanessa had silently handled the excruciating pain before nodding and wiping away tears with her sleeve, she couldn't speak for a brief second, "These lasting pains... They aren't endless, right?"
"Until you can transport my malware into a more... Functioning vessel or body," It explained, "It may be frequent."
"Great..." She sighed, looking at her laptop and typing in a few things such as 'How to relieve pain in your eyes?' before getting a notification on a new email. She viewed the email, reading it through;
'Hey, Ness!