|〉Chapter 3- Curiousity

Vanessa's wearily eyes were stuck to the screen of her pastel pink laptop as her fairy lights shined into the side of her eyes, Barley was sat on the end of her bed and lying down close by her, her head fell in pure exhaustion as she seemed to be reading an article on Fazbear Entertainments 'lawsuits', she picked her head up and blinked a few times before reading on. Her eyes glanced to her phone which got a notification on the lock screen, 'Hey Vanessa! You left work early, something the matter?' the text asked, it was from grace. 'Nope! Just got a bit of a sick feeling, and you know how the company is with sickness!' She slowly typed, a yawn letting out as it was sent and she watched Barley do the same. She giggled then turned back to her phone, 'Haha yeah, hope you feel better, Ness!' Grace replied, Vanessa simply sighed and turned off her phone, looking back to the screen.
She continued to read before muttering to herself with gently shut eyes, "Missing kids..." She said before opening her eyes again, "So much to do with killings and disappearances... from the start, how can a place with this bad of a record open so many times?" She stood straight and reached into her pockets, digging around before she pulled out the USB plug and stared at it from above the screen, "You have the truth, don't you...? You have all my answers... aren't you a smart trap? The software on my work laptop detected you as a virus... I'm not unaware like the rest of the team," Vanessa turned her swivel chair to view the top of her dresser that was painted in white and directly behind her, she focused her blurred and depleted vision on the VR headset, "But you've got my attention now... so why not?" She pulled up the USB plug to her face once more, "Fazbear Entertainment wanted someone to see you right?" She stood, shoving the USB plug back into her pocket and walking up to her dresser with a tired expression, she reached up and grabbed onto the VR headset, "They wouldn't send it to another development team just for a quick beta test..." Her grip tightened as she then walked to her door and exited the room. Furthermore, she deliberately approached her TV and glanced at her computer that seemed plugged up prior, she opened the game and watched as it appeared on the screen, she put on the headset and took a deep breath.
She looked more into depth in the lobby, she glanced at a large box with what seemed like a lever on it and pulled it down then watched the lobby's ambiance grow creepier and the lights go a purplish pink, even the categories are locked... She looked to her right and saw a glitchy, purple tape recorder. A smile grew on her face as she soon entered a dark abyss once she pressed on it, the room had a shelf containing a single tape and a tape recorder laid to the right of it on a wooden table in the center of a light that hung above it... A menacing and distorted mumble had whispered in the abyss, it was the type to send chills down your spine.
She examined the tape that laid on the shelf, soon grabbing it and placing it in the tape recorder as a voice came on;
"Hello? Can you hear me?
Don't exit this room, ok? This isn't a mistake. This room isn't a mistake. I had to hide these logs away from the core gameplay files, in a place that only a beta tester would look, and in a place where the files could be protected.
I just really, really hope that the next development team finds this before the game is released to the public. This game has some kind of malicious code in it that we haven't been able to fully contain, or even understand for that matter.
We're over budget and out of time. But that's not the reason that we're shutting down.
Listen, I have to keep this short, so the file size will be small enough to fly under the radar. There are more. They may not be in order."
The tape ended, and it reappeared back onto the shelf.

Vanessa's mind had been spiraling, Silver Parasol Games was the new development team and had put her in charge of beta testing... She was meant to see these, but they're a secret, "I have to find the others..." She said, thinking back to Grace's statements, "'Everything is Fine' my ass," She said, exiting the abyss and looking around at the lobby that was still in a purple tone before she flipped the switch back, and it returned to its original state. She began to play through each of the horrifying games, collecting coins and tapes as she went on for hours, and even got the games in the flip side to unlock.
She listened through a few of the tapes she got from her gameplay, one intrigued her more than the others though...;
"Jeremy complained of nightmares when he came in this morning. He wasn't talking about it like someone telling a friend about his dreams, though. He was pale, looked like he hadn't eaten in days. He spent an hour talking in Dale's office. But it didn't look like he was given much sympathy. When he came out, he went directly back to the testing room. He doesn't even jump anymore. Nothing scares him. He just stands there like he's talking to someone. Sometimes he rocks from side to side.
We were told to leave him alone. I knew I was in line to do the testing next. They'd been prepping me for it. I guess they knew that Jeremy would need to be replaced soon." The girl on the tape stated... It intrigued Vanessa, she had nightmares that caused a similar effect, bringing a lightness to her skin as if she hadn't eaten in days and talking about them... Would end in a series of tears or sick feelings.

"Jeremy huh..." She said, the distorted whispering became louder and more audible, it was masculine... Almost like it came from behind her. She turned her head behind her to view a faint figure, outline in purple... It resembled a rabbit but this one had a purple vest and bow on with large purple eyes and a big, bright, happy smile, "Are you..." She reached out her hand before a sudden cramp hit her wrist, almost like a shock, she let out a groan in pain as her body began to visibly shake, "Are you the v̶̢͝i̵̦͐rus̸̼͗?"

Î̴̖͔̺̖͎̭t̴̗̭̣͋͌̐̈́͐̕ ̸̡̞̣̇̅̀͋͠͝w̷̞̲̹̱͓̺̫͙͒̎̍̈́͐̇́͘a̵̡͚̤̗̞̳̣̿́̎͛͠s̵̙̭͔̭̺͊ ̵̧̮̦͖͔̩̺͇̆̍͊̒͛͛̈̚j̴͚̪̙͖̟͇̫̃ü̷͍̤̹̎̍̈́̿̏͝s̵̯̜̪͕͍̗͒̈́̿̈́̏̀̉̈́̉͜t̷̤̓̇͛ ̴̧̙͖͖̺̙̄͝á̸̡̨̯̲̤̤̱͆́̀̀̕ͅ ̶̧̳͈̤̯͚͚̟̝̾̚G̸͍͎̬̗̬͔͕̈̎̔̃̄̀̈́̍ͅL̸̛̙̫͉̥͊̽̑́̑̅͝͝ͅI̵̞͙̬̫̦̝̙̩͜͝T̴̢̢̛̰̱̳͉͒̃̔̿̐̈́͂͝C̵̞̗̥̗͓̱̀̉̍̍̋͛̈́͝Ḩ̴͎͖̲̦̫̓̒̉̃̇ͅ