Whisker 3: Disappearance

Whisker 3 | Disappearance
[Neiko's POV]

"Hinode!"

"Hinode, where are you?!"

Both me and oba-san shouted as we look around the places of our small town. It's getting dark but I can see that Miyo Sasaki-san, Kazuya's mom, is getting teary-eyed over the lost of her dear son.

I can't help to feel sorry but I can't show that it's my fault. I hope they didn't know that it was me who Kazuya is bullying...

"Hinode!"

We continued shouting. Kazuya's dad reported the case and continued searching through vehicle, while I spend the night with oba-san looking for him.

But, where could he be...

We spent almost an hour looking and I didn't almost realized we're already going pass my home. From a distance, I already saw mom looking all worried for me. As soon as she saw me, she ran towards my way.

"Neiko-chan, where were you? I'm so worried it's already been long and you haven't eaten your dinner."

"Gommenasai," oba-san bowed down to my mom. "She helped me look for my son. He hasn't gone home."

"I'm sorry, oka-san. I insisted that I'll help looking. It's not their fault."

Hearing this, oka-san looked at me. "son?"

My eyes widened after realizing what she meant. "Ah... gommen.. oka-san."

She just shook her head before hugging me. "How I wish I can come along with you but I'm still taking care of the house. Please be careful, Neiko."

I nodded before kissing her cheek, "I'll be back, oka-san. I'll make sure I get home safe."

Oka-san turned to Miyo-san. "I hope you find your son. When everything is alright, come by our home and have a nice tea chat. Like old times."

Old times?

Oba-san nodded, "I will."

Before I can ask oka-san, we already went pass home and continued looking for Hinode Kazuya. Once again, the worries built up in me as we continually shout his name.

"Meowww~"

I immediately stopped.

That meow...

I turned my back and I saw Yoshi outside our home. I immediately ran towards her.

"Oba-san, please go ahead. I'll follow afterwards."

"Take care, Neiko-chan." she rushed away.

I kneeled down to hold Yoshi on my arms. She just snuggled close to me. I can hear her purring and that made me smile. "Let's take you back home, Yoshi. It's not safe outside."

"Meow~" in my surprise, she jumped down and ran in the opposite direction. I immediately followed her.

"Yoshi! Come back! Where are you going?!"

I continually followed her until she stopped in front of a familiar home...

Kazuya's home.

"Yoshi, why did you take me here?" she sat down and licked her leg for a moment. I stared at her, hoping for an answer even if she wouldn't. Afterwards, she went close to...

"S-Shiba?"

I remember him...

He stared at me before barking softly. It was unlike the bark he gave me the first time we met. Still, I made sure I kept a safe distance to not trigger my allergies...