ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

Robert Manion showed up everyday since then. December would listen to him talk about rehearsals of Black Friday, and she was filled in about the cast members. Jeff, Angela, Jon, Lauren, Kendall, Corey, Joey, Jaime, Curt, Dylan, James, and Kim. Everyone sounded so nice from what Robert told Dess.

Meanwhile, December told him about a lot of her regulars and memories of doing theatre in high school. He'd even met quite a few of the Night Owl's regulars. Amelia seemed to like Robert a lot and saw him often. Amelia was the most frequent regular (before Robert came along) and was quite a talker. Sometimes she would bring Hailey, her daughter, into the shop. Hailey was very shy and didn't interact with Robert or Dess much, but she was polite and used her manners when Dess gave her the requested drink.

"You know, you talk so much about doing theatre in high school," Robert said with a grin. "But I've never seen you act or sing."

"Well, running a coffee shop by yourself doesn't really require you to do any of those things." December turned to make another customer a drink. She skipped whatever song had come on so now Lowlife by Poppy was playing.

"I wanna see what you can do, Dess." Robert laughed softly, pulling out his script from the bag he'd brought. The script was a little beaten up and worn but he could still use it. "Why don't we go through a scene? Just for fun?"

"I'm currently making a coffee, Rob." Dess reminded him. "For a customer who I don't think wants to hear two theatre kids go through a scene." She added with a quiet giggle.

"Well let's wait, then." Robert reached down and picked up Tiffany who was rubbing against his shoe like normal. Tiffany had taken a huge liking to Robert, always running over to him when he came inside. The fluffy animal mewled happily after being picked up, nuzzling into him the best she could. December always found it strange how Tiffany was so attached to him, considering she wasn't as friendly with Amelia. Robert cooed softly to the cat while Dess finished the coffee.

"Coffee for May!" December called out after finishing the coffee. The customer (May) got up from her seat and rather rudely took the to-go coffee, paying afterward and quietly grumbling about the price of said coffee.

December didn't get many snappy customers like May, but she never tried to start any arguments. She never knew what was happening in somebody else's life. For example, when she first met Amelia, she was very put off by her attitude. Then, Amelia came in the next night with an apology and Dess let her explain what had been going on. Amelia was a good friend ever since.

"Have a wonderful night..!" Dess called softly as May went to leave. May turned around, seeming a little surprised. She mumbled something and left the shop.

"Wonder what her problem was," Robert commented, scratching behind Tiffany's ear. The cat purred happily, leaning into Robert's hand. "She was a little rude."

"She didn't start a big argument, so I don't really care," December sighed gently. "Some people just have bad days and take it out on other people." She was used to having people take bad emotions out on her.

"You do have a point." Robert looked up whenever the song changed.

"Children, behave
That's what they say when we're together
And watch how you play
They don't understand
And so we're
Running just as fast as we can
Holding on to one another's hand
Trying to get away into the night
And then you put your arms around me
And we tumble to the ground and then you say..."

"I think we're alone now," Robert crooned playfully, and he held up the script. "There doesn't seem to be anyone around~" he sang, and December couldn't stop herself from laughing.