1 | 5-year Mission

______________

everything i wanted by Bille Elish

"And you say, as long as Im here, no one can hurt you

"And you say, as long as Im here, no one can hurt you."

______________

2263

__________

Kirk stood in front of the Teenaxi Delegation, the governing body of the Teenaxi.

"My name is Captain James Tiberius Kirk of the United Federation of Planets. I am appearing before you as a neutral representative of the Fibonan Republic. I bring you a message of goodwill and present to you, esteemed members of the Teenaxi Delegation, a gift from the Fibonan High Council with the highest regard," Kirk opened the metal case.

"What's wrong with it?" The Teenaxi asked.

"Uh, excuse me?"

"Why don't they want it anymore?"

"Uh, well, this was once a piece of an ancient weapon, and now they offer it as a symbol of-" Kirk stumbled with his words, "of peace. In the Fibonan culture, to surrender a weapon is an offer of truce."

"How did they come by it?"

"They told me they acquired it a long time ago."

"So, they stole it then," the Teenaxi cut Kirk off.

The captain shook his head, "no, they, um... Well, I don't know."

"You don't know the Fibonans like we do!" The Teenaxi yelled.

"Yeah, that's very true," Kirk stammered, "Your excellency, this gift-"

"They're a crowd of untrustworthy thieves who want to see us murdered in our own beds!"

Kirk then urged, "this beloved artifact is a symbol of trust and peace."

"They want to chop us into pieces and roast us over a fire!"

"No, no." Kirk sighed, "I don't think that's true."

"And eat us!" The Teenaxi yelled with a whine.

Kirk blinked and shook his head, "what?"

The Teenaxi then jumped down and rolled down the walls of the council room. He landed in front of Kirk and roared, sounding more like a squeak since it was so small.

Kirk tilted his head as he looked down at the tiny alien. The alien then jumped into him, making Kirk try to swat it away. He grunted as more and more Teenaxi jumped onto him.

"Scotty!" Kirk yelled into the comlink, "get me out of here!"

"That was quick," Scotty said calmy.