Chapter Two: Secrets Are Never Good

Mike jogs all round the house, looking for the DG's oldest residents. When he's comes up with nothing, he rings them to see where they may've gone. His phone's instantly diverted so he decides to leave the both of them a message: "Hey, It's me, it's uh, it's Mike. Give me a call back when get this, we need to talk. It's important."

Then, as if by magic, Jody and Tyler waltz through the door like loves young dream; his left arm strecthing out to hold her hand, her eyes soft and relaxed and to top it all off, they're leaning into one another, happy as can be.

Mike clears his throat,

uh-hum.

The pair look up as if broken from a trance, they jump back with guilt flooded expressions.
"Mike, we uh.. Didn't... See you... Standing there, we thought you'd be in the kitchen with the others.

He points to Tyler,

"Office. Now." 

Jody attempts to follow but Mike blocks her path, creating space between the couple.

"Not you."

Jody takes a seat in the waiting room, dreading the moment she gets called in.

Mike paces up and down with fury,
"Calm down! It- it was nothing...
"Oh really! Coz it seemed like something to me! 
Mike we've always been close, 
What I saw just now was more than that and you know it!
Tyler scoffs unconvincingly,

"We are probably a bit over affectionate, but so what? After you left we stepped up and took on responsibility, in fact, if you're so sure about this why's May-Li not here?! Hm?! Surely this whole "Jody And Tyler" thing's a two man job?

First of all, the move was hard on me too, I didn't wake up one day and randomly decide to leave everything I worked for. My livelyhood, my home... my kids... but you can't blame me for wanting to go! And as for May-Li, do you really think I want to worry someone who I worked alongside for bearing on ten years, who has parented the two of you and is finally in the position she's always dreamed of before I know all the facts?! C'mon Tyler! I've been in this job long enough to know romance; we can either sit here for hours going round in circles or you can be honest about whatever's going on... It's your choice.

Tyler decides to go no comment,

Fine, I'll get Jody in here! I'm sure she's got loads to say!

Tyler grabs Mike's arm,

Please. Don't.

In that case, you better tell me everything. From the start.