Chapter 1

Y/N's POV

I clicked send, immediately closing my laptop and sprinting to the other side of my room. 'They won't accept me, they never could' my brain told me as I decided to just get out of my room for good and go for a walk. I had just graduated with my masters in English, even though I was only nineteen years old. I was good at school, the only thing I was skilled in to be honest. I was not athletic, not musically inclined, did not have any real hobbies or interests besides maybe writing. School I finished at fifteen, instantly beginning my University journey and now, with two degrees in the bag, beginning my entry into the working life. Because of my rank being the number one of my entire class, my inbox was often flooded with job offers here and there. Only one really caught my attention though. 'JYP's ITZY is looking for a new English teacher'.

I knew the band, listened to their songs quite often actually whilst studying. The email said this offer was very exclusive, it was not offered to the public, but rather universities were contacted in search for the most successful English major. I was one of the lucky ones chosen to receive said offer. Today was the day I had sent in my application and was told a reply would be sent back no later than a day after submission.

During my walk I could barely concentrate, I kept going over the email I wrote in my mind and picked out parts I could have possibly changed.

"No, the application is flawless." I reassured myself, heading back to my apartment as I noticed the sun beginning to set.

———

'Dear Y/N L/N,

We have read your application thoroughly and have decided on picking you for this position, as your resume really impressed us. None of the other applicants had finished their schooling as early as you. Plus, having somebody around the same age as the girls will hopefully make for an easier adjustment into their lives. Below attached is a document with more information. See you next week,

JYP Staff member (name)'

———

I could not believe it, my heart was racing and my hands were shaky on the keyboard as I clicked the attachment. I had made it, I was chosen.

Carefully reading all the instructions revealed that I would be moving into the apartment right next to ITZY's dorm, just across the hallway from me would be one of Korea's most popular girl groups!

It was difficult to compose myself as I continued reading my work schedule, which would be as follows:

One hour individual English lesson with each member —> once a week One hour group class with all members—> once a week English exam, individually tailored to each member —> once a month

I really had my work cut out for me, but I was used to this. Sleepless nights filled with studying or other University related things were the norm for me, this would probably even be a pleasant change for me, most likely taking less time than my studying and assignments used to.

I read over the attachment once more, noticing a phone number at the very bottom. Next to it was the same staff's name from the email. I added the number to my phone, texting the person that it was me. Almost instantly, they replied with a link.

———

Staff: ITZY English group chat — click to join

———

I tapped on the icon, being lead to a new window on my messaging app. The group already had five more members, now six with me. Once I checked who was part of the group, my heart rate increased again seeing the faces of each member next to their numbers. I did not have the courage to message them just yet, so instead I just added their contacts to my phone and went to sleep.

A/N This is my first Kpop fanfiction! I really hope it turns out okay and you guys like it 😄Suggestions are always welcome!