test of strengths

I stopped and stared because it was the only thing I could do in that moment and then I heard someone clearing their throat and the lady disappeared I spun Around to looking for her only to see her standing behind a nice looking lady with silver hair and a pink knitted jumper "it's Rude to stare mizz Hubble" is the first thing I hear come out of her mouth. And I immediately look away only to see my mother confused then I am and my aunt just sipping tea like it's a regular Friday afternoon.

Then there's a nock the door "come in Mildred" the lady in pink says. And and a girl my age walks into the room she bows with hand on her forehead and said says ' well met' what a strange way to great people but this place is strange.

And the lady in pink starts to talk again" Harriet Hubble you are here because you are a a witch. You are the 14th generation after 12 generations without magic and because of that you will take a formal examination to be admitted into the school and be put into Mildred's Year. even though it's most likely that you will haveba low score you will be put into the same classes as Mildred Hubble , your older cousin.  Any objections?

"I do have to have a few objections actually first of all last I checked my cousin is in her third year here. It wouldn't be fair nor just if I came into this at third year not knowing the basics from first year. I absolutely refuse to belittle my education just because of my age and I will not be going into 3rd year." I said calmly even though I can tell that my mom was panicking a little bit. The beautiful double edged blade of a woman said " for once I agree the child she's right we shouldn't put her into third year just because it is her age group. For it would be completely unacceptable"

After that I completely tune them out just staring into the great unknown until they pulled me back home by saying I would take the exam today.

As I sat in the empty classroom filling out the test with the answers that I knew which was mostly botany because I was  familiar with most of the plants , frogs and fungi. All of them were medicinal in some way. And I knew almost everything was on this part of the test from lavender to lion's mane mushroom and the whole section on how to identify poisonous toadstools .

We we all waited for the potions teacher to mark my test and bring it back. there was total silence. when she came back she appeared with a fizz and a pop her face ghostly White. My cousin asks "what did she get miss hardbroom"  and I thought ' hardbroom what a fitting name name someone like her'
she responded "miss Harriet Hubble got an f in chanting and spell Science a-and a B+ in potions" After she said that everyone's mouth dropped. the pink witch who I've come to find out is the headmistresses ask "how is it possible for her to get a b in potions but an f in chanting it's the easiest subject"

~I'm not posting this bc I'm a pushover no definitely not posting because one person liked my chapter ~ミ●﹏☉ミ(ಠ_ಠ)━☆゚.*・。゚