Chapter 3

About a week passed, Jane and Ashley never needed to go back home, Jane was responsible and her parents knew that she’d be good, and Ashley didn’t know who her parents were, she was just living alone with her sister, Emma, who is aware of where she is, and apparently she is enjoying the quietness of the apartment.

“Because the $145.00 is killing me because I’m OCD, I’m just going to take out of my savings, so let’s lessen it to $1,022,000.00, and now the 22,000.00 is going to be bugging me!” Jane hesitatingly announced.

“Hey, I have an idea to bring us a little bit closer to our goal… since this town is completely empty, the Library or all the stores are not occupied, they left everything behind and its not likely that they’re coming back, so why don’t we make use before everything goes bad?” Ashley happily said

“That’s a great idea, we can stop by the Library, Reuters’ Convenience store, and of course My Secret Stash!” Lauren shouted with excitement

They got their backpacks ready to fill and headed out.

1st stop: Thorndale Library

The Library was quite small, it had a 3D printer and a few computers, Ashley went and flipped on the Library’s emergency generator, books were scattered all across the floor from the chaos the other night.

“Oh I’ve always wanted to try one of these new 3D printers!” Lauren said

“While I’m here, I’ll go get some books on the environment so I know what to write in the play…” Jane decided

Ashley went up to the 3D printer with Lauren, excited as they were that it was just refilled right before the chaos occurred.
Coincidentally, Joey, Mrs. Hayland’s Cat, walked up to them expecting to be loved and adored, Ashley picked up the cat and stuffed him in the scanner, as annoyed as he was, sitting there giving “The Frown”, the printer scanned quite quickly and Joey was very cooperative being thankful that they weren’t squeezing him and tossing him in the air, as it was finished scanning, they removed Joey and he ran back to Sale at the Wood, and the 3D Printer began the printing process, it was known to take hours, so they went to the Librarian’s Lounge finding a refrigerator full of delicious goodies, Ashley just had to take them, meanwhile Jane was looking through the books and packed a few, all of them still had plenty of space in their backpacks, Lauren went up to the circulation desk and searched the drawers; as well as the lost-and-found, she snatched a few lost wallets and took all of the money they had from fines, and book/magazine sales, which of course; wasn’t very much.

Ashley and Lauren waited in the Lobby, Jane came rushing…

“Look at all the books I’ve found!” Jane excitedly said
“Whoop-dee-doo, I’ll come back later to retrieve the duplicate of Joey, too bad 3D printing has to take so long…” Ashley complained

From wherever the wild winds blow, the words of Ossy echoed through their minds.

The Weather in Thorndale was gloomy, a hurricane was on its way through, the clouds blackened and thunder was in the distance.

Jane, Ashley and Lauren scurried home boarding up the windows because a hurricane was quite unusual in this area, the cold current aims the storms way up to Ossington where it was mild, but it hopped over into the warm current making it much severe, aiming its way in the strait beneath Thorndale, she lived near a swamp so there was a high risk of flooding.

The wind grew strong and the shingles blew off, the house rocked and they all sat in the living room.

Lauren flipped on the television on Channel 27 on the show Laini Today.

—TV—

“There seems to be a large chain of storms forming into a hurricane in the Boreu area, wind speeds in some areas up to 75 Miles per hour, the storm will move east toward Osli and will finish off in the OssyEgan Prairie region, the towns that should board up windows as houses were not designed to handle storms; Boreu, Thorndale, Osli, Sistris and Marauder….” Laini reported, the power suddenly went out.

—Off TV—

“Hold on, I’ll see if we can fix this…” Lauren exclaimed

Lauren peeked outside the window at the power box to see a large branch on the ground and the power box smashed by it.

“Well, I guess we’ll have to go without power for a while, we have an emergency generator, but I don’t know how to use it, but the manual for it is somewhere in my parent’s room” Lauren fumed.