Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Emelia-Rose Simms Griffiths

They woke up in a morning like no other, it was unusually quiet, there were usually a lot of cars passing by because the road they lived on was a key-route to get somewhere, but it was peacefully quiet, Ashley was overjoyed because she loves quiet, but Jane on the other hand must have noise, things were kind of tense between them that morning.

They all got up and went down to the lovely kitchen, the counters were sparkling clean and the refrigerator was vintage and working quite well, everything in the house was antique/vintage, and sadly for Lauren, so were the computers… but Lauren had a nice little lap-top, it was an Osli X-200 Virtual Gaming computer, it was very powerful and could even run the famous game “Osneke” that had amazing graphics, and back on the subject, they were going down to have their nice little breakfast before they go shopping, for breakfast they had Tofu Dogs which was Vegan; and it tasted better then it looked.
“I hope the riot isn’t there when we go shopping!” Jane announced

“If they are, I guess we can go to Osli… I don’t want to go too far because I shouldn’t be driving…” Lauren replied

“I wonder what was going on there?” Ashley thought out loud

“We’ll find out when we get there.” Jane replied

They all got into the car and Lauren drove a mile up the road to East Thorndale St, she lived on Thorndike Ave, which was a Key-route, it was also scenic.

they were driving toward town and something was strange about it, most of the buildings had gaping holes in them, and the town was completely empty, there was only one place open, it was “Sale at the Wood”, they parked and went to talk to the owner, ‘Sarah Hayland’

“I’m glad you’re here, you won’t believe what happened here last night!” Sarah cried

“What happened? The whole town looks like it’s in ruins!” Lauren asked

“The Mayor took all the towns funds and left, he was amazingly able to sneak past the riots, the town doesn’t have any money to hire the garbage people, maintenance crew, and everything else! The mayor took everything, so this town is in ruins… the town’s funds are absolutely nothing!” Sarah vented

“There must be something we can do about it, this town has tens of thousands of people in it, so if all of them gave us a Tenarai, we’d have tens of thousands of Tenarai, which would be enough to get the town back to it’s normal liberal self!” Lauren replied

“Everyone left overnight, we are the only ones here, if you walked around, you would not find a single person… but if you want to look in the city hall or the mayor’s house, nobody’s going to stop you, I only opened because I had to get everything back in order, at least I won’t be paying taxes! This town is completely cut-off from OssyEgo since last night.” Sarah replied

“That makes things a lot harder… so I guess the president knows about this?” Lauren asked

“They should.” Sarah proclaimed

Lauren, Jane and Ashley went down Main Street, it looked like the town was hit by a bunch of missiles! The buildings were wrecked and nothing was perfect, they did not see a single person, all of them marched to the city hall which was still intact and had power, they went up the cement steps and went through the doors inside, they found several Tenarai bills on the floor, Jane was being a hog and pigged them all, Jane also took the ones Ashley got, Jane can be greedy, but she has a right to because she is saving up for that dress she saw in the OssyEgo mini-mall in Ossy City, Ossy (her mom who is the president of this country) is going to take her there this sometime next January, that dress is really expensive, costs about 1199.00 Tenarai!! But Jane thinks it is worth it (even though Lauren completely disagrees), Lauren only likes to go thrift shopping, and she has a hat from a country on earth! It was from Czech Republic, it was Lauren’s favorite hat, it was brought back from her grandfather who came back from a business trip last summer, Items from earth are worth millions of Tenarai on Planet Eveldine and Planet Kishen, her grandfather says that Eveldine and Kishen are identical triplets of Earth, but Lauren doesn’t quite believe that, she is thinking of going with Ashley to assist her on her spy trip to Earth, but Lauren would get extremely homesick, the feeling of being billions of miles away from home is not a good feeling, the OssyEgan Solar System is quite a distance away from the earth solar system, would you want to be a billion miles away from home? I don’t think so.