Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Lauren Graves

Jane Kishen stretched out her arms and yawned.

Her blue eyes were still filled with sand as she glanced at the alarm clock by her bed. 8:46 AM. her eyes widened. She flew out of bed, dressing quickly. "I can't be late!" She told herself as she started her car up.

At 9:00 she had to catch a spaceship to Thorndale to have an important meeting with her friend Lauren Thunderly. It was about a 7 hour flight from her hometown of Ossington, but well worth it. She sighed as she parked her car and dashed into the airport. "Why was OssyEgo such broken up and vast country?" She asked herself. The only way to travel was by spaceship because most of the land in planet Eveldine had been broken up into smaller chunks and islets after a monstrous asteroid collided with it.

she sat in a big row of seats facing a gigantic window so you could see the runway and the planes very clearly, she waited, and waited… then she got a phone call from Lauren Thunderly…

*On Phone*

“Hello, this is Jane Kishen speaking…” she answered

“Hiya! I was just checking to see when you land; everyone in our town is in a ruckus for some reason…” Lauren replied

“My plane is supposed to come at 11:30 AM, and it is a 7 hour flight, so I will be there at 6:30 PM”

“Good, I guess we’ll pick you up at 6:45, I have to go now, just called to check, bye!”

*Off Phone*

Jane stared at her phone for a minute, then put it away and just sat and waited for her plane, about 30 minutes later, a loud sound blasted through the wall speakers saying “Flight OEA37821 is now boarding, if you have the “A” card, please come now.”

Jane did not have the “A” card, she printed it out late and got the “C” card, a few minutes went by and she was supposed to board, she went through a small hall that leaded to inside of the plane, she met the pilot and sat down at the back of the plane, the plane was moving slot at first, and then when it got to the runway, it went really fast and just started to get into the air, as the plane went up, her ears would pop and it was painful as they went higher, and higher up the plane went, the plane was heading toward “Boreu”, a City north of Thorndale.

Inside of the plane looked amazing, 2 long rows, each with 3 seats, it was full of people, the windows had some kind of plastic protecting the glass window which from what I hear is extremely cold, but the plastic was actually considerably warm.

The speakers spoke which gave Jane delight…

“You may now use your mobile devices.”

“About time, I need to call Ashley!” Jane thought to herself

Jane dialed the phone, it was hard to concentrate because of the turbulence and the very loud noise…
*On Phone*

“Hello, whoever this is, I am flying right now; if you need to talk to me, please message me online.” Ashley yelled with loud plane noise in background

*Off Phone*

“I gues I should just chat with her on www.Familybook.com…

*Online*

Jane: Hey Ashley

Ashley: Hiya, r u the one who called me earlier?
Jane: yeah, it sounds like u are flying, so am I :P

Ashley: yep, I can’t wait 2 see u there, I brought some card games, and we’re going to play poker!

Jane: lol I brought potato chips, we can use that 4 chips instead lol