Los cumpleaños/ The birthdays

[This part will also be a 2 day story since there are 2 birthdays. Y'all may not like this one, but I promise you its for the sake of the story. ALSO, to my peeps in America, happy holidays/ Christmas/Christmas eve]

{UNFRIENDLY REMINDER THAT THEY ARE 17 TURNING 18]

(Camilo’s POV)

As I lay awake, unable to move because of the, now 18, Y/N, I decided to fake sleep for a while. We are in his room, what’s the worst that could happen? Well, the constant irritating knocking that is happening on the front door is one of the worst. Awoken by the knocks, Y/N jumps up and falls off the bed. I got up and looked at him.

“Happy birthday, amor!” I say, picking him up from the floor. As we changed and headed downstairs, we opened the door. The whole family was there.

“FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS, Y/N!’” They all shouted. He was jumping from excitement and hugged them all.

“Thank you all!”

As we all headed to the casita, everyone was hanging around Y/N, pushing pass me. I tried getting near him, at least to talk to him for a bit, but everyone just shoved me back and crowded around him. I started feeling upset and just walked with abuela in the front.

“What’s wrong, mijo?” She asked.

“I want to be around him, but everyone’s just pushing me back.” As I said that, she stopped and turned.

“Familia Madrigal!”

Everyone turned to look at her.

“Please let Camilo talk to Y/N. Thank you.” as she turned back and started walking again. Everyone moved to the side so I can walk to him. He grabbed my hand and held it tight.

“We’re you getting jealous, cariño?” He teased.

“Well, your mine and I want to be by your side for your birthday.” As he looked at me with his puppy dog eyes, we went inside the house. The table was stocked with presents and a cake by the edge just for Y/N. He sat down and everyone started singing. I was by his side, singing, but also looking at him. I was so happy for him. As he cut into the knife, everyone was screaming with excitement. Y/N opened the presents one by one, thanking the person who gave it to him. We finished unwrapping everything, toys and many other items laying around Y/N, and we started digging in the food. Julieta made some arepas, gorditas, and tacos for everyone and the cake for dessert. We all had hours of fun, Isabella making swings out of vines, Luisa throwing Y/N really high, Antonio giving him a ride on the jaguar, and soon the party started dying out. Y/N sat at the table, looking pretty upset, while everyone was talking to each other. I went up to him.

“Amor, what’s wrong?”

“Well, it’s just,” he started fiddling with his hands “Look, this was amazing, really, but I asked for the town to be here and sing karaoke.”

“Well, maybe the town was busy.”

“The whole town?”

“Maybe they were tired and didn’t really feel up to the whole karaoke thing.”

“Sure, Camilo.” There it was. The first thing I should’ve noticed, but decided to ignore. As others started gathering around Y/N, telling him how grateful they were far hanging with them, I could tell he was putting on a fake smile. I, again, decided to ignore it. Hours passed by again, and the party was almost at it’s end. As Y/N was levitating all of his gift, ready to leave, I walked up to him.