XXIX - Exchange & Death

Kinsley's POV

My body feel weird, no longer inflated or pregnant, it almost feels like I'm losing a part of myself! I don't like it at all, my finger dig deeper into my hand as I walk forward my feet clad in black boots that are far cry from my flat that I'd worn since I'd gotten pregnant! I found myself in my black leggings and a dark black hoodie and black tank top.

With the help of Cander I'd managed to heal my body completely, well other than the mental pain that couldn't be alleviated with magic or my amazing healing skills! The scars on my mind are ones that will last a life time!

Valencia had my children dressed in stuff clothes that fit each of them. A single tear managed to escape my eyes as I look down at them! A single bloodied tear streak ran down my cheek and the droplet fell softly onto pucks cute little cheek, he doesn't stir at the small drop.

Bending forward, I lick my finger, before wiping the streak of blood from his cheek, I would hide the evidence of my hesitation! Backing away from the sleeping children I find a smile slide onto my lips. My fangs peaking out slide against my lower my lip! Quickly, I tuck them back under my lip!

RIght before someone taps me on the back, I turn around and find Cander looking at me. A dark heavy tawny brown sweater covering his arms and his neck, he wore black pants and boots just like me. Although, he was dressed a lot heavier than I was his core body temperature wasn't nearly as high as my own!

"Are you sure that you want to go through with this?" He ask me, his hands sliding up my arms.

I shake his touch off, shake off the thoughts, because I thought that this was the best thing for them and I wouldn't change my mind at the last second. I'd come too far to do any of that!

"It's already been decided!" I hiss at him shortly, my mouth pulling back in a dark grimace!

"Has it?" He questions me and I feel a dark annoyance boil up under my skin! Why must he press me on the issue, when I've given him my answer!

"What do you want?!" I just about scream at him. My nose pressing into his as I get up in his face, snarling and growling! I wanted to rip someone apart, because this was such a hard decision that I have to deal with!

"Do you think that I enjoy this life?! Do you think its easy to give them up? To know they will grow up without ever knowing your face or calling you "Mom"?!" I ask him venomously, my hands shaking as I felt my control slipping, my ears start to shift and I feel my hand morphing a tab bit. I try to push the inner beast down!

His eyes look me over and he take a deep breathe, before gently pushing me backwards out of his personal space, he held me at arms length. Just looking at me, and I wonder if he saw the same broken child he'd seen the first day he'd seen me!

Was I still the same? Had I not changed a lick?! I wonder what I feared more, myself or the monster that want me dead?!

"I just want to make sure that you're okay when this is all over! To see you broken again would crush me!" He tells me his fingers digging into my skin and I smile at his concern for me.

"It doesn't matter if I am broken at the end of this, it just matter what happens to the Pups! I got to see them Sixmith isn't as lucky, I am taking away his chance for him to meet them at all. I'm doing it without considering whether or not I'll kill him with my choice!" I say in a low growl as I shake off his hands once again.

He doesn't make a move to stop me this time, turning back towards them I look at their sleeping faces!

My fingers brush along the soft plans of each of their cheeks and they stir slightly at my touch! What beautiful babies they are, I wonder how each of them will grow up, will they be happy?! Will they understand that I had to do this? Will anyone other than myself understand that choice that are laid out for me?!