Christmas Eve 💜

Disclaimer

This is a work of fan fiction using characters from the popular show cook with comali 2. The description of incidents in this story is fictional and entirely unrelated to the persons after whom the characters are named. The story is only an imaginary plot with my take on ashaangi. This is not to hurt anyone or affect their personal space. This is purely a fictional plot that is not recommended to connect with real-life incidents.

*****

*Cling* The bell chimed at the doorway as the old antique door of the rustic-style restaurant flung open. It was the peak winter season in the US. The air was infused with the spicy and enticing scent of cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, roasted meat, and warm wine that screamed Christmas. 

The wide opened door brought in cold air making a chill run down Sivaangi's spine. She looked at a woman walking in carrying the widest smile on her face, waving at someone in the restaurant. She got back to mashing the already mashed potatoes on her plate and gazed out of the window picking at her food. The streets looked like it was smeared generously with snow. Every building on the street was adorned with fairy lights and stars. Christmas carols crooned from a nearby church.

Sivaangi was going through a weird sensation right from the time she entered the restaurant. Unintentionally, her manicured fingers were grazing over the dainty pendant that was chained around her neck. Her gaze shifted from her plate to the amaryllis that was placed perfectly at the end of her table and then to the street. She was looking at the tiny soft crystals falling from the sky and reaching the ground. And before she knew her vision started blurring with the memories of the past. His memories! Their memories!

5 years ago....

"Oye rowdy!" Ashwin called her up from his car that was parked outside the CWC set, during break time.

"Ennna!" She chided in response.

"Kovama?" He asked in a base voice which makes her leg wobble every time she hears it. And he also makes sure he strategically uses it knowing her weakness.

"Ama" She said keeping cool and not giving in.

"En?" He pushed a little.

"Pinna Rose eduka sonna Marilyn Monroe eduthurukinga! Adhu kuda paravala adhu enna apdi idupa pudichu oru dance? En kuda kuda apdi adunadhu ila! Ponga! I don't want to talk to you!"

"Apdiya?"

"Enna apdiya?"

"Apo pesamatiya?" She was on the verge of giving up to that god damn base voice.

"Ama pesamateyn!" She made a little annoyed huff which made him crack up at the other end of the call.

"Enna patha siripa iruka ungaluku?!"

"Yaro pesa mateyn sonnanga?"

"Aiyo ama la!" She face palmed. "Eyyyy en ipdi panra! Po na phone vekureyn nii poi Sunitha akka kuda adu po!"

"Oye iru iru vekadha! I have a kutty surprise for you. Kelamburapo tharalam patheyn ana madam romba kovama irukinga, adhan konjam cool pannalamey nu ipovey reveal panreyn."

"Surprise ah? Eyyyy enna pesa vekkuradhuku summa ipdi solli emathuriya?"

"Oye enna patha emathura mari iruka? Sekrom va! Im waiting!"

"Enga varanum?"

"Parking lot end la car niruthirukeyn. Kuda evanavadhu irundha kazhati vittu nii matum va! This is only for you!"