Chapter four: Built for revenge

I didn't sleep at all... Every time I closed my eyes, the image of Sehun's lifeless body replayed in my mind like a nightmare on loop. After hours of tossing and turning, I finally gave up and got out of bed. I tiptoed into the living room of my apartment, where Solar was fast asleep on the couch. She had probably tried to stay awake to keep an eye on me, as the TV was still on. Gently, I pulled the remote from her hand turned it off. Then, I took a blanket and carefully draped it over her, tucking her in without waking her.

I decided to make breakfast, even though I wasn't hungry. I figured Solar might be when she woke up. I opened the fridge, only to find it almost empty. I was supposed to go grocery shopping today. Quietly, I changed my clothes, grabbed my bag, and put on my shoes. Before leaving, I scribbled a quick note for Solar, letting her know I had gone to the store.

+

As soon as I entered the store, I grabbed a red basked and started to fill it with various items. I knew Solar wouldn't leave me alone today. She'd likely stay with me for a while to make sure I was okay. In the egg section, I spotted the bread but struggled to reach it on the high shelf. Placing my basked on the ground, I stood on my toes to try again.

Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me. It wasn't my imagination. I felt someone press against my back. My whole body froze, my eyes darting to the arm reaching past me to grab the bread I couldn't reach. Snapping out of my trance, I turned around and found myself face-to face with a broad chest. His cologne filled my nostrils. I looked up and saw a familiar face.

???: "Y/N, we meet again."

He said with a smirk plastered on his face. I replied, trying to mask my discomfort.

You: "What a pleasure..."

It was one of the men who had been at the bar, claiming to be one of Sehun's old high school friends. I doubted their friendship then, and now I was even more suspicious. He was dressed entirely in black and hadn't moved away, invading my personal space.

???: "Believe me, Y/N, the pleasure is all mine."

You: "You still remember my name."

???: "How could I forget the name of our beautiful waitress?"

I tried to act shy, though unease churned in my stomach. Since meeting them, I had sensed a dark aura around these men, and after Sehun's murder, I couldn't ignore it anymore. I thanked him for grabbing the bread.

You: "Thank you... I'm sorry, but I didn't catch your name the other day."

Jungkook: "I'm sorry, how rude of me. Jungkook. My name is Jungkook."

You: "Are your friends also around?"

I asked, scanning the area nervously.

Jungkook: "No, I'm alone here. Just grabbing a snack before heading back to work."

My phone rang, cutting through the tension. I quickly dug it out of my bag and saw Kai's name on the screen.

You: "Excuse me, I need to take this call."

I said, relieved for the interruption. Jungkook gestured that it was fine and placed the bread in my basket as I answered the call.

You: "Hello, Kai. How are you?"

I asked, stepping away to put some distance between me and Jungkook.

Kai: "Hey, Y/N. I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday. Did I wake you up?"