Ch.38 A Loss

Ch.38 A Loss

~~2 months later~~

Marley's POV

"Rob! Just tell me what it is!!". It's Valentine's Day, and Rob got me a present. "Just keep your eyes closed,"he told me. I could hear how much he wanted to laugh.

"Okay, now!". I opened my eyes, seeing a box wrapped in white wrapping paper. I opened it carefully, afraid it might be some prank.

It wasn't.

It was a Once Upon A Time photo album. The cover of Henry's book. I opened it to see pictures of me as and Rob.

The first selfie we ever took. Both of us doing the cinnamon challenge. Us at the theaters when we went to see The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Us sitting in the airport to get to MineCon. Us on the plane, my head on his shoulder while we were sleeping. Us at our booth at MineCon. Our first kiss at that party. The vlog where we announced we are dating. The picture Preston took of me and Rob sleeping. Us at Alisson and Tyler's goodbye party. Us playing with Mob. And a x-ray of the baby.

I smiled. So much time has passed, and it feels like just yesterday Preston yelled at us to stop flirting.

I looked at Rob and smiled. "I love it". I hugged him, pecking him on the cheek.

I flipped the page, seeing it was empty. I looked at him as he smiled. "Those pages are for us in the future. All of us". He put his hand on my stomache. I smiled.

"I got you something too". I grabbed the envelope and gave it too Rob. "Open it".

He opened it, his eyes widened. I got him tickets to a Montreal Canadiens hockey game.

He hugged me. "Yup, got three tickets. For you and two of the other guys".

He smiled. "I love you". "I love you too".

That's when I felt a piercing pain in my stomache. I winced, faking a smile at Rob. His smile faded. "What's wrong?".

"Nothing". I moved uncomfortably, sitting up straight. This made my stomache hurt more.

I let out a yelp, closing my eyes. My head felt like it would burst. Everything hurted. I looked around, everything becoming dizzy.

"Marley!". The last thing I saw was a blurry Rob running over to me. Then everything went black.

~~Time Skip~~

Rob's POV

I sat in the chairman, tapping ny foot rpidlt against the floor. "Rob, she's going to be alright,"Jasmine told me. I didn't answer, simply sighing and glancing over to Marley's hospital room.

A doctor walked over to us. "Family of Marley Arsement?". We all stood up. "That's us,"Preston said hesitantly.

"Well, she is going to be alright". We all sighed in relief, but the doctor wasn't done. "But, unfortunately...she lost the baby".

I felt as if I had been shot by a bullet that would never kill me. I sat in the chair, my eyes beginning to get wtery. I covered my face with my hands, looking down.

"She requested to see Robert first". I looked up, then weakly got up. "Keep in mind, she's just lost her first child. She still hasn't fully prossesed it. Just be careful on what you say".

I nodded, walking over to Marley's room. She layed montionless on the bed. I saw her crying.

"Marley..."I said softly. "Rob". It was barely a whisper, more like a breath.

She weakly turned to face me. Her eyes were bloodshot. Lips colorless and cracked. Her skin pale.

"I'm sorry". I sat in a chair, scooting it so I could be closer to her. "You have nothing to be sorry about. It wasn't your fault".

More tears fell from her eyes. "Yes it was. It has to be my fault. Yes, it was our baby. But I was carrying it. Me! Stupid, ugly me!".

Tears came pouring out as she turned to face me. She sighed.

"Marley, you aren't ug-"she cut me off,"Rob, don't say that. We both know that isn't true".

Just when I was about to speak, she cut me off.

"Rob...I understand if you don't want to be with me. You've seen me at my worst. You've seen me at my ugliest. So, if you want to go back to Desiree or just go be with someone else, I understand".

She looked me in the eyes, she was serious.

"Marley, you aren't ugly. You are the most gorgeous women I've ever met, that I'll ever meet.

And I would never break up with you. Even if it meant dying. I would die with the thought that you are my soul mate, and you always will be".

This made her cry even more. She weakly sat up and hugged me. I hugged her back.

We hugged for what seemed like a split second, letting go to kiss. "Remember, I love you and I always will,"I told her. "I love you too".

A/N

Sorry that there a lot of time skips.
And sorry about the miscarriage. Ummmm, yeah... sorry for pulling a 'John Green'. I know, he ruined my life too...