Chapter 6 🍋

They had been in this time for 3 days now. 3 days of no communication with Kakashi or their daughter. 3 days of not knowing if the scroll was recovered. 3 days of not knowing if they had a way home.

Sakura was becoming extremely worried and anxious about their current situation. She knew they had to get back to their time, one way or another, but didn't want to have to broach the subject with Sasuke.

He had been stuck to his mother like glue. He was spending every moment he could with her, and his father of course, when he wasn't working. These were moments that he thought he would never have again.

Sasuke was beginning to form a bond with his father. All his life he felt he had to compete with his brother for his father's love. He always sought his attention and approval. That has all been erased now. Fugaku shared the Clan's secrets with Sasuke after learning that his son was still worthy of the Uchiha name. That moment should've came for Sasuke when he came of age but his parents died before that was possible.

"Sakura." She was snapped out of her thoughts by Sasuke's voice. He had curled up against her back, face in the crook of her neck, and he sounded like he was still partially asleep. "How long have you been awake?" He asked.

'Long enough to watch the sun rise.'

"Not long. I just woke up a few minutes ago."

He pulled her back against him and nuzzled into her neck. "Why are you lying?" He mumbled in her ear.

She really didn't want to be the one to bring it up but it seemed like she didn't have a choice now.

"Sasuke?"

"Hn?"

"When are we going to figure out how to get back to our own time?" She asked quietly, prepared for whatever reaction he might have. She felt his body stiffen as she asked the question.

"I-" he let out a sigh, "I don't know Sakura." He grumbled.

She stayed quiet for a moment before continuing. "You know we can't stay here Sasuke."

He rolled away from her and stood to get dressed, brushing her off.

"Sasuke-"

"Don't you think I realize that Sakura? I haven't forgotten about her. I've been thinking of her every minute we've been gone. I want to get back to her but at the same time I can't bear to think of losing my family again."

And with those words he shut the door behind him as he left the room.

He knew he shouldn't have gotten angry and walked away from her, she was making valid points after all. He thought of the last words that came out of his mouth, 'Losing my family' as if she and Sarada weren't his family now. He wanted to slap himself for saying those words to her. He just wasn't prepared to say goodbye.

Sasuke walked out and sat on the porch to think. He almost forgot what it was like to be around them. To have parents again. He missed out on so many experiences that he doubts himself as a father. After their deaths he was all alone. He didn't get to see how his parents would've reacted in certain situations. He put his head in his hands and groaned.

'I owe Sakura an apology. And a big one.'

He heard foot steps approaching him and then felt the soft touch of someone's hand on his shoulder.