Chapter One

*****

Lena Luthor slightly rolled down all the windows in her black 2024 Mercedes G Wagon, to let in the warm breeze as she drove thirty-five miles per hour down the dirt road. She never thought that she would be heading back to National City and if the circumstances were different she probably wouldn't have returned.

As the dirt roads turned to tar roads, she knew she was getting close, even spotting the city's skyline from where she was. The reality of coming back home overwhelmed her brain with thoughts.

What'll happen when I tell her?

How will she react?

She'll probably hate me for keeping this from her for so long. For keeping him a secret.

Despite all her worries, she knew that it was time to do this.

"Mommy?" A small voice interrupted her thoughts from the back seat. She looked in the rear view mirror at the little being that had just woken up from his nap. "Yes, darling?"

The four year old rubbed sleep from his blue eyes in the most adorable way, making Lena's heart swell. "Are we almost there? I'm hungry."

Lena slightly chuckled. He had just eaten one of the sandwiches that Lena packed for him for their road trip from Midvale to National City, and he was hungry again already. "Almost, baby. What's that little-big stomach of yours hungry for?" she questioned.

The small boy cocked an eyebrow, pretending to think about what he wanted. "Uhh . . . Potstickers!" Lena chuckled again, "I knew you would say that." She said, making him giggle. "Luckily for you, there's a place here that has the best potstickers in the world."

"Really?" He asked, almost jumping through the seat belt across his chest. Lena smiled at the joy on his face. "Really. After we're done unpacking our things, we'll go there."

Twenty minutes later, Lena pulled in front of her penthouse apartment. "We're here, darling." The boy looked out the window and up at the large glass building. "Is this where we live now?" He asked, a hint of excitement in his voice. "Yeah. Are you ready to go inside and see your new room?"

All he could do was nod his head enthusiastically, keeping his eyes on the building. Cutting off the engine and getting out, she crossed the car, going to the side that he was on and opened the back door. She unbuckled his seat belt and took him out, swinging him onto her hip and then closing the door.

"Mommy, this building is tall." The boy tilted his head back so that he could take in the entire view of it. Lena smiled at his excitement. "I know, this is where I used to live before I moved away." Being back was a surreal feeling for Lena but she loved the familiarity. A moment later, an older man in a casual black suit approached the pair.

"Ah, welcome back Ms. Luthor." He greeted. Lena smiled, feeling very much at home when seeing her old doorman. "Thank you, Roland. It's so nice to see a friendly face." She said. "Likewise, Ms. Luthor." His eyes drifted over to the blonde-haired toddler. "And who might this young gentleman be?"

"This is my son, Logan. Say hi to Roland."

"Hi, Mr. Roland." He said timidly but made sure his voice was audible. The older man gave him a smile, "And of course you have the manners of your mother here." He joked lightly. "It's very nice to meet you, Logan."

Lena watched the corners of Logan's mouth turn up into a little grin before he hid his face in her shoulder. "He's a tad shy but he's as excited to be here as I am to be back. This place hasn't changed a bit." She admired all the other surroundings, taking in the view of the city. Midvale was a lot quieter and comfy but there just wasn't a place like National City.