Chapter Four

*****

  During the thirty minute drive to NC's Zoo, Kara and Logan played a little game of 'I Spy' while Lena answered some emails on her phone. The two of them pointed out trees, buildings and cars of all colors.

"Okay, it's your turn, Logan." Kara said. The four year old looked around the area they were driving through until his eyes spotted something. "I spy . . the zoo! We're here! We're here!" He bounced up and down in his seat.

About 300 feet in front of them was a big zebra print letter sign that read 'National City Zoo'. Kara drove into the parking lot which was gradually filling up, found a spot and cut off the engine.

The Luthor stepped out of the SUV first and proceeded to get Logan out as well as his scooter. "Mommy, look, they have a big balloon too." He pointed up into the sky at the hot air balloon floating above them that had 'NC ZOO' written on the front.

Kara stepped out of the car and looked up. "That's the new balloon ride that they opened up a few months ago."

Once they reached the entrance, Lena pulled out her phone so the ticket agent could scan their tickets. "Good morning and welcome to Na-" The girl stopped mid sentence when she noticed who was standing in front of her. Her jaw slightly hung as her eyes widened at the sight of the blonde and the ravenette.

"No way! Supergirl and Lena Luthor?" The excited girl had to be no more than 17 years old. The blonde gave her a small smile. "Hi."  Kara greeted.

"I can't believe you guys are at my job right now, this is so crazy! But of course you're here at the zoo, everyone comes to the zoo. I-I'm sorry, I'm gonna scan your tickets now." The girl quickly stopped her rambling and grabbed the reader, holding it over Lena's phone and successfully scanning the QR code.

The ravenette flashed another smile at the young girl. "Thank you, darling." That seemed to stutter her breath even further. "Uh, y-y-you're welcome."

The three of them proceeded past the turnstiles and into the entrance.

"Why did she call you Supergirl?" Logan suddenly asked the blonde. The question caught both woman off guard; they gave each other a look that read 'How do we answer that?'.

"Uhm, I . ." Kara considered making something up but she then remembered how keeping her identity a secret from Lena nearly ruined their friendship and she refused to lie to her flesh and blood. Plus, Logan was obviously an intelligent kid and would most likely find out anyway. Especially with Supergirl being so well known in the city.

"Supergirl is another name that I go by." She said.

"But why?" His curiosity got the best of him. "Is it like a code name? Are you a spy?!" He asked excitedly making Kara chuckle.

"No, bud, I'm not a spy, but I promise to show and tell you later on how I got that name. For now, let's see if we can find the tiger exhibit."

At the mention of his favorite animal, he dismissed all the pending questions he had for the blonde. "Oh yeah, the tigers!"

"That sign there says the 'Big Cat Habitat' is that way." Lena said as she sat Logan's red scooter onto the ground. "Here, darling. You can ride your scooter now, just remember not to ride too far ahead, okay?"