Chapter 4 - Mental Disorder (2)

“Xue Jing Yi is Xiao Yi’s biological sister. He is more qualified to stay here than we are.” He spoke openly. Then he stood up and pulled the boy into his arms. He held the back of the youth’s head, pressing his little face into his chest, and kissed the top of his soft hair.

“But Jing Yi’s illness…” Xue Li Dan Ni remembered that the youth came from the rural countryside where there was a dearth of information. He may know what a heart attack was, but he may not necessarily know that the heart disease could be treated by heart-changing surgery, so she stopped speaking just in time.

Xue Zi Xuan gave her a deep look and then drew the youth back towards his original seat. Xiao Wang heard the madam calling for him, so he stubbed out his half-smoked cigarette, hurriedly ran back into the hallway, and asked, “What happened?”

“Nothing.” Xue Li Dan Ni waved her hand.

Xue Zi Xuan smelled the scent of smoke clinging to Xiao Wang’s body. He got up while pulling the boy up with him, and said, “Give me a cigarette.”

“Sure. What?” Xiao Wang reflexively took out the cigarettes. Then he realized that the person who asked him was the young master who never smoked or imbibed alcohol. He abruptly froze.

Xue Zi Xuan was faster and had already nabbed a cancer stick. He tightened his hold on the youth’s shoulder, and half dragged half carried him into the stairwell.

“Do you mind if I smoke?” With his back leaning against the wall, he expertly held the cigarette between his fingers, and waved it at the youth.

“I don’t mind. Go ahead.” Zhou Yun Sheng gave him a strange look. He memorized all the information on Xue Zi Xuan. The other party never smoked, never drunk alcohol, never got close to women, and never gambled. He was like a perfect saintly existence. It was completely different from this decadent and gloomy young man before him.

If the system’s detection ability weren’t so powerful, he would’ve suspected someone of switching out the original Xue Zi Xuan.

He wasn’t the only one who suspected Xue Zi Xuan had been switched. Xiao Wang and Fu Bo also followed them to the stairway. Xiao Wang had a lighter in his hand, but he didn’t know if he should help the young master light the cigarette or not. The madam sent Fu Bo to inquired as to when her son had learned to smoke. He fell into a coma; he didn’t get amnesia, so how come the whole person changed?

The stairway was very narrow. Xue Zi Xuan pulled the boy to the innermost side and laid his coat on the steps to let him sit on it, but he blocked the door as if he was afraid that the boy would run when he smoked. Once he determined that the teenager could not leave him, he looked towards the hesitating Xiao Wang and said, “Fire.”

Xiao Wang immediately brought the lighter over. He saw the young master hold the cigarette in one hand while blocking the wind with the other hand. Once the cigarette lit up, he took a deep draw from the stick and then he spewed a thick plume of smoke from his nose. The action was very skillful, not at all like a rookie who had just learned to smoke, but an old smoker. Xiao Wang couldn’t help but wonder.

Fu Bo couldn’t hold back his words and whispered, “Young Master, when did you learn to smoke? If you smoke too much, it’s not good for your health. It’s better to stop.” Xue Zi Xuan was silent and apparently regarded Fu bo as a transparent person. When did he learn to smoke? He couldn’t remember it. In the endless desperation, in the pain and the waiting for the invisible end, only the burn of smoke invading his brain and throat could bring him a moment of peace.