Wake Up, It's Over-Part 8

~*~Hadley~*~

I led him from the car to the small abandoned multi colored shack a few yards from the waters edge.

"Where'd you find this place?" He asked following me side by side.

"Tristan did actually a few years ago," I said with a faint smile. "I haven't come since last summer." I added, twisting the knob on the shower that was hooked up against the outside wall of the shack. Water spurted out in bits before I shut it off. "I've never figured out who runs the place." I shrug.

He knocks against the wooden board wall, the whole building shaking slightly. "Nice." He chuckled.

"Come on," I said walking down the sand to the jetty. We climbed on top of the rocks, carefully making our way to the end before the boulders dropped down into the ocean. We sat down in silence for a moment, admiring the view as the sun began its descent on the horizon.

"It's gorgeous here." He murmured before turning his attention to me.

"I always come here in the summer..." I said pulling my legs criss cross. "I figured you were someone I could trust bringing here." I said meekly.

"Have you ever gone here with anyone?" He asks quietly.

I simply shake my head, "It was Tristan's and mines."

He reaches over to my face, brushing the pad of his thumb down the soft skin of my cheek. "I'm honored."

I bite my lip, shaking off the emotions threatening to flood in. "Let's play my game." I swallow, tearing open the bag of candies in my lap.

"Do we get to eat those?" He raises a hopeful eyebrow.

"Yes." I laugh tucking my hair back. "It's called questions. Every time I ask you a question and you answer, I feed you a fish. You ask me one, you feed me a fish." I explain.

"Any rules?' He asks.

"No lying." I say simply. He digs his hand into the bag, pulling out a single gummy fish and poked it at my lips. I grin letting him drop it in my mouth.

"You're turn." He smiles

I sigh sticking my hand in the bag, preparing to give him one. "Let's see...How come I've never seen you around her until this summer?" I ask.

"I'm actually from Connecticut." He says opening his mouth. I pop the candy in his mouth with a smile.

"I didn't know that."

"Well we did just meet Hadley," He grinned. "My turn. How long have you lived in Cali?" He asks grabbing a fish.

"Since birth." I said opening my mouth.

"Lucky." He says dropping it in.

"How long are you going to be here?" I ask

"'Till the end of August." He says as I feed him.

I nod tucking a hair behind my ear.

"No boyfriend?" He asks curiously.

"Would I have asked you out?"

"Well miss sassy pants," He scoffed rolling his eyes. "No fish for you." He said dwindling it in front of you. I quickly snatch it from his grasp and toss it in my mouth with a triumphant smile.

"Cheater." He crosses his arms.

"It's my game; I think I call the shots." I smirked playfully.

"Fine. Your turn." He laughs

"Girlfriend?" I ask.

"Would I have said yes to you?" He asks. I feed him a fish before responding.