Chapter 29 *Last Kiss*

Aria's POV
It's been three days since I've seen Jacob. My dad took my phone away and my laptop. I can't contact anyone, especially Jacob.

Aunt Trish asked the twins if they knew about Jacob. They said no to protect me. The police asked what happened. I explain my story about me running away. One of them assumed it was about a boy. And that was true.

Lots a question were asked at school. I had seen Britt and her group giving the dirty look. Many rumors were going around the school.

Aria and Jacob are in love and ran away together.

They are engage so they ran away to be married.

Jacob knocked Aria up so they ran away to have a baby.

Jacob kidnapped her.

Lots of them weren't even true.

I haven't even seen Jacob at school.
Soon, days turned into weeks.

***

Many nights I lied awake wondering if Jacob was okay. He told me he'll be fine. Is he really?

Bang!

I sat up, waiting for the bang I heard or if it was just my imagination.

Bang!

Nope. It's real.

I jumped out of bed and go to the window. There I saw him. Opening the window, the air felt cold. I hugged my arms, looking down.

Jacob waved at me, I wave back quickly now that it felt numb.

Jesus, it's Miami for crying out loud!
When I was about to speak, Jacob beat me to it. "Hang on, I'm coming up." He whisper yelled. I stand back, waited for him to climb up. His foot steps on the bay and he hopped down. Wasting no time I jumped on him. Jacob held me.
Neither of us say anything. We know.

He sat on the bay, and I sat on his lap. I lay my head on his shoulder. His fingers playing with my hair. I first notice that Jacob didn't have a cast anymore. It was replaced by a bracelet wrist or whatever they are called. I had those too last week when my wrist healed and had to wear it for a short time. He still had that scar near his eyebrow. The bruise on his chin disappeared.

Jacob broke the ice. "I'm moving."
I lift my head up. Hoping this was some kind of joke, his eyes were saying he wasn't.

I buried my face into his neck and sob. Jacob holds me tight, like I was going to slip away. He tried to hush me softly. Each time I look at his face, his eyes are watery too. Somehow it made his eyes shinning. It looked so beautiful, yet it was the saddest thing I've ever seen.
I kiss him, he kissed back. It wasn't a make-out kiss. A second kiss. Or a sweet kiss. It was just a kiss. The best and the last one we shared. We bumped our foreheads together. He wiped my tears with his thumb. The gesture I love so much.

"It'll be okay." He said at last. When he was leaving. But he didn't sound convinced.

"Will it?" I question. "We made it this far. Seven months. These were the best seven months of my life. The ones I will never forget."

"I don't wanna end it. Not like this. Not ever." He said.

"Me either Jacob."

"I'll wait for you."

I shook my head no. "I no. I love you too much to make you do that."

"But I want to. Aria," he leans his head one last time. "you are the best thing that's ever happened to me."

I wanted to cry again.

"I love you Aria."

My voice breaks. "I love you too Jacob." We hugged one last time.

"I'll come back for you." He promised. "I'll be back before you know it." He kissed my forehead and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "You are so beautiful." He whispers the same words he first said to me on the night of our first kiss together.

***

My mother knock on the door and let herself in. "Aria? Honey" I sniffed. "You have been in bed for 2 days" I ignore her.

Jacob left the day after our last kiss. She was part of it too. This is how they wanted me to feel? They finally took Jacob out of my life and they're happy?! Bullshit!!

"Bullshit!" I say out loud still tears in my voice, I face mom, her face was confuse and her hand was on her hip, she said to watch my language like every mother in the world would say. You know what, I don't care. "I don't care" I said. My father came in. He must've heard me too.

"Don't talk to your mother like that missy," he said. "I don't care that it's because of that Carson boy-"

"His name is Jacob" I shout defensively. Their eyes wide.

"I don't know why you hate him so much. It's his uncle, yes I know. But... it was a longtime ago. Let it go. Move on!"

Before dad could stop me I continue.
"I love Jacob," I said. "I love him. He was good to me. He respected me. He was always there for me. He gave me space when I needed some space. He holds me when I cry. When he dropped me home or anywhere else, he never leaves till I go in. He defends me when other guys try to make a move. My friends like him. I like his friends. We all have homework session together. Jacob and I go on dates. When I'm around him I feel comfortable and confident. He doesn't move things fast. He takes things slow, that's how I like it. I'm a virgin. He's a virgin. We never done it. Even if we did, he would check with me to see I'm ok to make me happy, because he makes me happy. I never felt like this about anyone till I met him. I'm glad I did. Now I lost him because of you."

Letting all my feels out was... Good. I mean, my parents or family thinks like that about him, us, like all we do is make out and have sex. No! We do what every couple do. Being together. Being happy. Hoping theirs a future for us.

But I lost him. Because of them.

The look on my mother and father's faces were surprised. Now they know why Jacob's so special to me.

Before I let them speak I put my hand up. "No," I said more softly. "I don't want to hear it".

They walked out without me to notice. I slammed the door and breakdown letting my eyes turn into rain. I cried. I cried all day. And night. Crying helped me sleep. But Jacob was always in my dreams.

***

It was almost 11. I don't care if I didn't slept. It won't matter. Not anymore. In my closet I found Jacob's shirt. A white tee with black sleeves. I remember that shirt. It was my favorite shirt. I put it on. It goes up to my thighs and the sleeves were suppose to be to the elbow but it went close to my wrist.

Going to my dresser brushing my hair to put it into a side braid then lay against the wall on my bay window. This spot was the most memorable spot of Jacob. I could imagine him climbing up, tapping on my window or throw pebbles. His hand on the window glass as mine was on his before letting him in. Feeling a tear on my cheek, I didn't wipe it away. I imagine his thumb on my cheek wiping the tear away.
I close my eyes and snuggle into the shirt. It still smells like him. Fresh Summer Breeze. Slowly I fell a sleep, dreaming.

Jacob was there.