Chapter 7 *Family*

Aria's POV
Surprisingly, I didn't get caught. They thought I was asleep or something.

It was the next day, I just came home from school. Mom was in the dining room setting up the table. Wonder what's the occasion?

Mom finally notice me. "Hey honey."

"Hey mom."

"Could you pass me the cups?" She pointed behind her. Our dining room is only use on thanksgiving, Christmas, meetings, or any of our birthdays. All our birthdays passed. Christmas and Thanksgiving are months away. Maybe a meeting? Mmm...

"Mom who's coming over?"

"What makes you think that?"

"We only use the room for 4 things, mom."

She sighs, went around the table, placing plates, cups, utensils at a seat after the other. "Your father wants to have some family time." she says. "You know since... what happened Friday."

I nod. We all haven't really spoke to each other. I mean, only in mornings or at night. Not like a conversation, talking about our day, spending time together. They at work. Ashton with his friends. Me, with my friends (secretly hanging out with Jacob). Family time won't be so bad, we really need one.
In this family we spend time together, since because both of my parents were an only child, Mom's parents divorced and Dad's parents couldn't have more kids. They want Ashton and I to get along and spend time together, like a family.

I started to fiddle with my hair. It's a habit I have.

I went in my room to start on my homework.

***

Dad came home. Just in time cause I'm starving. I wanted to look nice since Mom arrange this family dinner. I wore a white sundress with designer flats, my hair into a loose braid over my shoulder.

In the dining room, the food was already on the table. Everyone else was dressed up too like Mom for example wore her best blouse, Ashton in his button up shirt with his bangs pushed back, Dad - I notice - also wore a white button up shirt.

We all greet each other, sat down, prayed, and eat. Cheese Ravioli and Garlic Rosemary Chicken.

The food was very good, I like homemade cook meals better than restaurants.

Our conversation starter was about school. "How was school kids" Dad says, taking a bite of the chicken.

"Fine, the basketball team looks great this year." Ashton got his athletic from dad. He could play basketball, football, hockey, and do back, front flips, and he's a fast runner.

"When's the first game?" Asked Mom.

"Next month I think."

Then they turn over to me. Crap. I try to find the words, I hate lying to them, even yesterday with the Study Date (we started calling it that). I clear my throat a little. "School's... good. You know school. Busy, busy, busy." I took a huge bite of ravioli. Busy, busy, busy? Really Aria! Really?!

"That's good Aria." Dad said then he lower his voice. "Have you also avoid you-know-who." he meant Jacob.

I nod. "Yeah," I lied.

"Good." then Mom and Dad started their own conversation. "Did Kyle made the deal yet?"

"No, Bryan is talking to him. I'm sure he would say yes."

"Who wouldn't. A&A records is the best record company in the states."

Didn't I mention what my parents jobs were? They own a record company. It's only 20 minutes away. A&A records is the best in the states (like Dad says). Since they retired from preforming to take care of me and Ashton, they wanted to still work with music and make money for our family. So A&A was open when I was 6. It became number 1 quickly. A lot of new celebrity are discovered. Like right now some 17 year old name Kyle Burns is thinking about signing with them. I hope he does.

Dinner was delicious. I helped mom clean the dishes. Then I took a shower, put on some PJs.
I wish we could have homemade food more often. Too bad Mom and Dad have to work. I mean, they try to be with us as much as they can. It really means a lot to me. My phone beep. It was a text from Jacob.

Jacob: Hey Aria

Aria: Hi

Jacob: U busy tomorrow?

Aria: Not really. Y?

Jacob: Just asking

Aria: Hehehe

Our chat lasted till we fell asleep.