14

Avengers
2012
Age 11

Out in the Atlantic Ocean, Tony Stark, in his Iron Man suit, is cutting a pipeline transport with a laser cutter coming from his hand. He then places a Stark Energy Reactor and It lights up. Pleased with himself, Tony rockets out of the water and flies towards the new Stark Tower.

"Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy." Tony speaks through his suit to Pepper on the other line.

"Wow. So maybe our reactor takes over, and it actually works?" Pepper seems the slightest bit impressed.

"I assume. Light her up" Tony calls, flying towards the Stark building and watching as the whole tower lights up like a Christmas tree.

"Hey Tony, Gotta go wider on the public awareness campaign. You need to do some press. I'm in DC tomorrow. I'm working on the zoning for the next three buildings." Pepper talks on the line.

"Pepper you're killing me, anyways I'll have the whole week with Mads. But hey, enjoy the moment".

"Get in here and I will" Pepper responds. By now Tony had arrived at the Stark Tower and walked along the balcony, machinery peeling off his suit as he moved towards the door.

"Yo this place is incredible!" Maddie yelled as she entered the living room.

"You like your room?" Tony smiled as he walked over to the couch beside Pepper, picking up a glass of champagne.

"Uh yeah. My bed is huge and.. and I have a giant TV and don't forget the bathroom..."

"Ya, ya, Mads I know". Tony rolled his eyes, motioning for his daughter to join himself and Pepper on the couch.

"Stark we need to talk" Coulsons voice came over the phone that Jarvis had answered as it was labelled "an emergency".

"You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message." Tony jokes back. Behind him, the elevator doors opened to reveal Coulson. Maddie, Pepper and Tony all standing up and approaching the agent.

"Mr Stark" he spoke to which Pepper gestured Coulson into the room.

"We need you to look at this ,soon as possible." Coulson hands a file to Tony, who stares at the man.

"He doesn't like being handed things" Maddie smirks at the agent from beside her father.

"That's alright, 'cause I love to be handed things. So, let's trade" Pepper takes the file and hands Coulson the glass of champagne she was slowly sipping away. "Is this about The Avengers? Which I...I know nothing about." Pepper questions as she looks down at the file.

"The Avengers Initiative was scrapped, I thought. And I didn't even qualify." Tony scoffed.

Pepper hands the file to Tony. Tony brings the file over to his workspace and begins watching the videos on the file. With a bit more small talk to Coulson, Pepper says a quick goodbye, before leaving with Coulson to get ready for her trip to DC.

"Who are they?" Maddie asks as she stands beside her father, watching multiple videos of Captain America, The Hulk and Thor, as well as Loki and the Tesseract.

"Mads, we have a lot of studying ahead of us". Tony smiled at his daughter.

****

Ok so a lot has happened so I'm going to give you the run down. An evil god named Loki arrives at a top secret SHIELD base, stealing an all-powerful alien Tesseract and turning both an agent nicknamed Hawkeye and Dr. Eric Selvig , a scientist, into his zombiefied slaves. Anyway, Loki went to a gala and basically made a big scene but Captain America and Natasha Romanoff stop him (with the help of iron man who just decided to show up). Their trip back to the SHEILD base is interrupted by the arrival of the god Thor who is there to take Loki back to Asgard. (Turns out they are brothers but I'm not one to judge).The heroes have a spat, but eventually agree to get Loki back to SHIELD's Helicarrier.

Now Loki is being held in a cell in the helicarrier that was originally built for The Hulk.

Sitting in the briefing room, Captain America, AKA Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Thor and Bruce Banner AKA The Hulk, are trying to figure out Loki's play.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor paces around the table.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce adds.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Natasha speaks, slightly mentioning her friend Clint who has been taken by Loki.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him. I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?" Bruce questions, leaning against the desk only to be interrupted by two sets of footsteps walking into the room.

"It's a stabilizing agent. Means the portal won't collapse on itself." Maddison Stark speaks loudly as she walks in behind her father, who was about to say the same thing but was beaten by his intelligent daughter.

"And you are?" Steve asks the girl. Looking over at him with a blank face she smirks a bit. "Maddie Stark. Genius I have been told, by many actually. And you?"

"Steve. Steve Rogers" he responds, almost at disbelief the girl didn't know him.

"Ok enough chit chat Mads, we've got work" Tony interrupts their little conversation and motions for Maddie to sit in a chair by the table, which she does.

"Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube." Tony continues on from what Maddie was saying.

"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Bruce adds again.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony speaks again to which Bruce replies.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet."

Tony smiled and turns to Bruce rather impressed. "Finally, someone who speaks English". Shaking hands with Bruce, Tony continues. "It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Bruce muttering a quick "Thanks" and looking down.